1910 Kearns Model GT
he Kearns Motor Buggy Company was in business from 1909 through 1916. Maxwell Kearns of Beavertown, Pennsylvania was persuaded to invest in the struggling Eureka Motor Buggy Company, and initially two- and three-cylinder Speedwell two-stroke engines were offered in highwheeler models that Kearns described and advertised as ' not a 'made-over' buggy hastily assembled to meet the popular demand.' A total of 109 Kearn vehicles were produced in 1909 followed by a slight increase to 117 examples the following year.
The Kearns had a high wheels with a conventional hood, which distinguished them from other high wheelers of the era. Kearns would later move towards production of four-cylinder cars and, in 1914, attempted to market a Lulu cyclecar. From 1916, however, the company left automobile manufacture to concentrate on trucks and fire engines, which was continued as Kearns-Dughie Motor Company at nearby Danville until 1928.by Daniel Vaughan | Jan 2020
Chassis Num: 48
This Kearns Model G Roadster is powered by an air-cooled, three-cylinder, two stroke engine offering 20 horsepower. The engine has separately cast finned cylinders with 'porcupine' heads resting on an aluminum crankcase, driven via a friction transmi....[continue reading]