|Concours d'Elegance of America : Best of Show|
The 38th Concours d'Elegance of America displayed over 300 of the world's most spectacular contributions to automotive history. This year, the event paid tribute to many special features inclduing Ford GT-40s, Body by Dietrich, Rally Cars, Pierce Arrow, 110 years of Lancia, Jet-Age Travel Trucks, and a spectacular assortment of Classics and early Brass Cars.
The days activites ended with naming the winners of Best of Show American and Best of Show Foreign.
|Countdown to Auburn Fall: 'Preservation Class' Cord Completes ACD Trifecta for Auctions America's Labor Day Weekend Sale|
|• Highly original: multi award-winning Cord leads latest highlights for Auctions America's Auburn Fall weekend, August 31 – September 4 at Indiana's historic Auburn Auction Park
• Lovingly preserved over the past 79 years, Cord exhibits fantastic patina and joins 1933 Duesenberg Model J Berline and 1929 Auburn 8-90 Cabriolet to complete the event's ACD lineup
• Five-day sale to feature 900+ collector vehicles and assorted automobilia
• Reflecting sale's incredible diversity, auction also feat...[Read more...]|
|RM Auctions Amelia Island Preview - 2014|
RM Auctions, the world's largest auction house for investment-quality automobiles, will hold its Amelia Island, Florida, sale on March 8th at the Ritz-Carlton.
As the official auction house of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, RM's Amelia Island sale will feature a magnificent selection of more than 80 handpicked automobiles, with an emphasis on important and historic sports and racing cars, along with elegant coachbuilt classics. Full events details, including a frequently ...[Read more...]|
|Two Best of Show Winners : Similar Designs : Same Owner|
|When these two vehicles won Best of Show honors at major Concours d'Elegance events, they both were owned by Judge Joseph Cassini III. The green colored Chrysler 4 door Phaeton with tan convertible top wears coachwork by LeBaron. In 2012, it won the Best of Show title (for an American car) at the Concours d'Elegance of America at St. Johns. The other car is a Packard 2 door Convertible Victoria with coachwork by Dietrich. It won this years Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance Best of Show honors...[Read more...]|
|1953 FERRARI 375 MM SPIDER LEADS LATEST HIGHLIGHTS FOR RM'S MULTI-MILLION-DOLLAR MONTEREY SALE|
|• RM Auctions secures a championship-winning 1953 Ferrari 375 MM Spider competition car for its flagship Monterey, California, sale, August 16–17, after single ownership for 45 years
• Also announced are a 1939 Mercedes-Benz 540K Special Roadster, a 1958 Lister-Jaguar 'Knobbly' Prototype, and a 1960 Aston Martin DB4GT
• Sale held during the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance motoring week features no less than 25 automobiles estimated to fetch in excess of $1,000,000 each
• Complete list of en...[Read more...]|