Model F Stanley's were built from 1905 through 1908. The 1908 model had cosmetic improvements as well as major mechanical improvements, such as the water pumping system. This car is one of three 1908s known to exist. It was purchased in New Hampshire in the 1930s by James Melton, and was donated to the Crawford Museum in Cleveland, Ohio, where it was displayed until 1983, when it was acquired by the current owner. The car has never been totally restored, since it was in good original condition. It has been driven over 15,000 miles since 1983, in all kinds of weather, and is a reliable and enjoyable tourer.