|2015 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance Best of Show|
|PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. (August 17, 2015) -- An Italian Isotta Fraschini Tipo 8A Cabriolet that once turned heads and garnered top prizes in the classic era glided to victory at the 65th Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance on Sunday.
The competition drew 219 cars from 16 countries and 29 U.S. states to the 18th fairway of Pebble Beach Golf Links. It also raised over $1.8 million to help people in need. Through the Pebble Beach Company Foundation, which celebrates its 40th anniversary this ...[Read more...]|
|LANDMARK FERRARI 275S/340 AMERICA BARCHETTA LEADS EARLY HIGHLIGHTS FOR RM SOTHEBY'S FLAGSHIP MONTEREY AUCTION|
|• RM Sotheby's secures 1950 Ferrari 275S/340 America Barchetta, chassis 0030 MT, for its flagship Monterey sale, August 14-15 in California
• A Scuderia Ferrari 12-cylinder Barchetta, 0030 MT was raced by such legends in period as Alberto Ascari, Giovanni Bracco and Gianni Marzotto
• 0030 MT to be displayed at this weekend's celebrated Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance and RM Amelia Island sale in Florida
• Further event information and frequently updated list of entries available online ...[Read more...]|
|1956 Argentine Grand Prix: Least in the Kingdom is Greater|
| ||Speaking of the power of humility, the Bible says the least, within the context of the world, if they follow God's commands, shall be greater than those considered great.
To say that Luigi Musso was the least within the kingdom of Scuderia Ferrari would be a terrible understatement. Having a reputation for caring more about his cars than those that pilot them, it was certainly true that Enzo held little place in his heart for his fellow Italian. However, in the Roman's very first Formula One...[Read more...]|
|Luigi Musso: Talented, Tempting and Troubled|
| ||Following Alberto Ascari's back-to-back titles in 1952 and 1953 there have been no Italian Formula One World Champions. While there has been a great amount of hope throughout the years, Italians have been left without a World Champion. Perhaps, it could be argued, all such hopes died with Luigi Musso on the 6th of July in 1958.
Since Ascari there have certainly been some notable Italian drivers within Formula One history books. Such names as Michele Alboreto, Elio de Angelis, Alex Zanardi, Ri...[Read more...]|
|Historic Jaguar D-Type Leads Growing List of Significant Entries for RM's Monterey Sale|
|• RM Auctions building towards a spectacular roster of cars for its flagship Monterey sale held during the famous Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance motoring week, August 16–17, in California
• Historic 1955 Jaguar D-Type leads a superb roster of the world's finest sports and racing cars poised for the RM podium
• Additional star lots include a 1955 Ferrari 750 Monza Scaglietti Spider, a 1950 Ferrari 166 Touring Barchetta, a 1961 Ferrari 400 Superamerica SWB Coupe Aerodinamico and a 1953 Masera...[Read more...]|