|RM MONTEREY OFF TO A RACING START WITH ESTEEMED JIM CLICK FORD PERFORMANCE COLLECTION|
|• RM Sotheby's returns to California's Monterey Peninsula, August 19 – 20, for its flagship sale during the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance
• Early entries powered by the Jim Click Ford Performance Collection, a superlative group of competitive racing Fords and Shelbys
• Collection highlighted by CSX 2473, one of the most successful competition Cobras of all time, and a Ford GT40 Mk I
• A tradition spanning over 30 years, RM's two-day Monterey sale to feature 100 blue-chip collector cars
• ...[Read more...]|
|RESTORED 1970 BMW ALPINA 2002TI RETURNS TO THE TRACK AT 2014 ROLEX MONTEREY MOTORSPORT REUNION|
|On the heels of the launch of the BMW ALPINA 2015 B6 xDrive Gran Coupe to the US market, one of ALPINA's early cars will compete in the Rolex Monterey Motorsport Reunion.
Woodcliff Lake, N.J. – August 5, 2014 …Today BMW announced that it will run its newly restored 1970 BMW ALPINA 2002ti in the annual Rolex Monterey Motorsport Reunion at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca next week. The car will be raced by Road & Track Executive Editor and vintage racer Sam Smith.
This racing 2002ti ...[Read more...]|
|Looks, Rarity, Performance: The Ultimate Connoisseur's Ferrari at RM Monterey...|
|LOOKS, RARITY, PERFORMANCE: THE ULTIMATE CONNOISSEUR'S FERRARI, 275 GTB/C SPECIALE HEADLINES RM AUCTIONS' FLAGSHIP MONTEREY SALE
• RM Auctions offers the first of only three 1964 Ferrari 275 GTB/C Speciales, chassis 06701, at its flagship Monterey, California sale, August 15-16
• With its two sibling cars unlikely to ever become available, 06701's offering is a historic and unrepeatable opportunity to acquire one of the world's most important automobiles
• Exceptional 275 GTB/C Speci...[Read more...]|
|Sonoma Historic Motorsports Festival Celebrates Can-Am at Sonoma Raceway|
|• More than 350 vintage and historic race cars highlight May 17-18 weekend|
• George Follmer and Don Nichols are honored guests; popular racing seminar set for third year
SONOMA, Calif. (May 7, 2014) - The Sonoma Historic Motorsports Festival returns to Sonoma Raceway on May 17-18 for the fifth straight year under that title. The program for the 28th annual historic-car event organized by General Racing Ltd. in Sonoma will celebrate the early years of the iconic SCCA Can...[Read more...]
|THE VIPER GTS-R IS BACK IN 2012|
|•Two identical SRT Viper GTS-R race cars will compete in this weekend's American Le Mans Series event at the 2.54-mile Road Atlanta circuit.
•The driver lineup for Petit Le Mans: Tommy Kendall and Marc Goossens will be joined by Jonathan Bomarito in the No. 93 Pennzoil Ultra Viper GTS-R. Dominik Farnbacher and Kuno Wittmer will share driving duties with Ryan Hunter-Reay in the No. 91 Hewlett Packard Viper GTS-R.
•This is the first on-track, factory-based participation for the SRT Viper GTS-R...[Read more...]|