|Royal Camaro's Golden Anniversary At Amelia Island Concours|
|GM brass wasn't enthusiastic about adding a sixth model to Chevrolet's 1967 model lineup . . . until they saw the prototype. It was a knockout. The new Chevy, codenamed Panther, began to appear in the automotive business journals and enthusiast publications more than a half-century ago.
Anything General Motors did was big news in those days. In the wake of Ford's Mustang a new addition to a class of one, especially from the world's biggest and most powerful auto maker, was seismic news.
|NATALIE WOOD'S 300 SL ROADSTER JOINS STUNNING LIST OF ENTRIES FOR RM'S AMELIA ISLAND SALE|
|• RM Auctions announces additional highlights for its 16th annual Amelia Island sale, held March 8th at the Ritz-Carlton
• Recent entries are led by a 1957 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Roadster that was originally owned by Hollywood actress Natalie Wood
• As the official auction house of the world-renowned Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, RM's single-day sale will feature a roster of more than 80 handpicked automobiles
• A frequently updated list of consignments is available online at www.rmauction...[Read more...]|
|STARS, STRIPES AND VICTORY FOR 'THE AMELIA'S' AUSTIN KIMBERLY IN BRITISH ROAD RACING CHAMPIOSNHIP|
|American teenager Austin Kimberly scored his first victory in the 2013 Avon Tyres National FF1600 Championship season at the 2.1 mile Anglesey road racing circuit in Wales (UK) last weekend (May 12). After qualifying third, the young American racer led every lap of the 25.1 mile championship race for 1600cc Formula Ford racers.
A go-kart racer since the age of nine, Austin opened the British Racing Sports Car Club's 2013 national Formula Ford Championship season with two podium appearances...[Read more...]|
|Magnificent Series of Coachbuilt Classics To Grace RM's Amelia Island Concours D'Elegance Sale|
|• RM Auctions returns as the official auction house of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, March 9, 2013
• Single-day sale features breathtaking roster of more than 80 investment-quality collector cars
• Notable highlights include an outstanding series of coachbuilt classics headlined by a multi-million-dollar 1935 Duesenberg Model SJ Walker-LaGrande Convertible Coupe and a trio of Cords from the personal collection of Jim Fasnacht
• Frequently updated list of entries available online at r...[Read more...]|
|Blue-Chip Automobiles Set for RM's Ocean Front Sale at Amelia Island|
|– RM Auctions, the official auction house of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, announced today its latest series of blue-chip automobiles set to cross the auction podium at its Amelia Island sale, March 10 in Florida.
Held in conjunction with the famed Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, the single-day sale will lift the gavel on more than 100 high-caliber automobiles, including ten examples expected to exceed $1 million.
'We're thrilled to be returning to Amelia Island and continuin...[Read more...]|