|RM SECURES ONE OF THE MOST SIGNIFICANT FORD GT40S IN EXISTENCE FOR ITS FLAGSHIP MONTEREY SALE|
|• RM Auctions lifts gavel on a multi-million-dollar 1965 Ford GT40 Roadster Prototype, chassis GT/108, at its highly anticipated Monterey sale, August 15–16 in California
• Fresh to the market following more than two decades in single-ownership, GT/108 served as a Ford/Shelby American development/demonstrator vehicle in the 1960s and was driven by the likes of John Whitmore, Dickie Atwood, Ken Miles, and Carroll Shelby
• The GT40 Prototype leads an exceptional series of more than 100 blue-chip...[Read more...]|
|OFFENHAUSER HEROES AND MERCHANTS OF SPEED SEMINARS OFFER FANS A BACKSTAGE PASS TO AMERICAN MOTORSPORT|
|A pair ofthe Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance's popular seminars will offer 'backstage passes' to the history and the business of American motorsport.
On Friday March 7, 2014 the celebration of Offenhauser-powered vehicles will begin in the Talbot Ballroom of the Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island at 3:00 PM with the Great Offy Drivers and David Hobbs Seminar.
Amelia's seminars are famous for their star power. On Friday Indy 500 winners Johnny Rutherford, Parnelli Jones and Al and Bo...[Read more...]|
|THE 2014 AMELIA ISLAND CONCOURS D'ELEGANCE HONORS FIFTY YEARS OF McLAREN|
|McLaren's 50th anniversary will be celebrated at the 19th annual Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance on March 9, 2014, with a display of rare and significant McLaren racers from five decades of competition.
McLarens were not only victorious in the world's richest and most prestigious races, the company changed motorsport through a relentless pursuit of perfection and brought a strictly professional approach to a sport that had been more of a glamorous hobby than a true business. Today McLaren...[Read more...]|
|THE PINNACLE OF COLLECTOR CAR AUCTIONS: RM AND SOTHEBY'S OFFER A CENTURY OF AUTOMOTIVE HISTORY AND DESIGN IN NEW YORK CITY|
|• Final countdown underway to RM Auctions and Sotheby's expertly curated Art of the Automobile sale, November 21, in New York City
• First major collector car auction to be held in Manhattan in over a decade; the sale's catalogue features examples of the upper echelons of design from each era of motoring
• Extraordinary exhibition that showcases all vehicles on offer will be held from November 18–20 on the 10th floor galleries at Sotheby's New York
• Official digital catalogue now availab...[Read more...]|
|Automotive Hall of Fame Inductees Named|
|Awards to be Presented in Conjunction with the Concours d'Elegance of America
The Automotive Hall of Fame will present its annual induction and awards ceremony on Thursday, July 26, 2012 as one of the week-long Concours d'Elegance of America events. It will be held at The Inn at St. John's in Plymouth, Michigan.
Both the Concours d'Elegance of America and the Automotive Hall of Fame celebrate the heritage and history of Detroit. The show highlights the evolution of the automobile's...[Read more...]|