|THE MOST FAMOUS TROPHIES IN RACING UNITED WITH WINNERS AT AMELIA|
|Long before motorsport became commercialized; there was nobility in auto racing's rituals of victory. Louis Meyer, the first to win the Indy 500 three times, said it best . . .
'Winning the Borg-Warner Trophy is like winning an Olympic medal.'
That was 80 years ago. Today the trophy of motorsport's most important and glamorous race still packs the same potency it did when it was first awarded to the winner of the Indianapolis 500.
A quarter century before the Borg-Wa...[Read more...]|
|1938 BUGATTI TYPE 57C WINS ‘BEST OF SHOW' AT 2014 HILTON HEAD ISLAND MOTORING FESTIVAL & CONCOURS D'ELEGANCE|
|• Hilton Head Island Concours d'Elegance attendees select 1929 Chrysler Model 75 Dual Cowl Phaeton for People's Choice Award
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. – The coveted 'Best of Show' and 'People's Choice' honors were awarded today at the 13th annual Hilton Head Island Motoring Festival & Concours d'Elegance, held at the Port Royal Golf Club on Hilton Head Island, S.C.
The top honor at Sunday's Hilton Head Island Concours d'Elegance, 'Best of Show,' was awarded to a 1938 Bugatti T...[Read more...]
|BOBBY UNSER INSPIRED INFINITI Q60 DEBUTS AT AMELIA ISLAND CONCOURS|
|The 19th annual Amelia Island Concours announced today that Infiniti will commemorate the event's Offenhauser celebration by wrapping a 2014 Infiniti Q60 Convertible in the same color scheme as Bobby Unser's 1968 Indianapolis 500 winning racecar. To accompany the inspired Q60 Convertible, Infiniti will also display Unser's Offenhauser-powered Indy winning car, courtesy of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Hall of Fame Museum.
The unique Infiniti Q60 convertible's wrap was created by the company...[Read more...]|
|1953 FERRARI 375 MM SPIDER LEADS LATEST HIGHLIGHTS FOR RM'S MULTI-MILLION-DOLLAR MONTEREY SALE|
|• RM Auctions secures a championship-winning 1953 Ferrari 375 MM Spider competition car for its flagship Monterey, California, sale, August 16–17, after single ownership for 45 years
• Also announced are a 1939 Mercedes-Benz 540K Special Roadster, a 1958 Lister-Jaguar 'Knobbly' Prototype, and a 1960 Aston Martin DB4GT
• Sale held during the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance motoring week features no less than 25 automobiles estimated to fetch in excess of $1,000,000 each
• Complete list of en...[Read more...]|
|RM Offers Distinguished Don Davis Collection Without Reserve|
|• Final countdown underway to RM Auctions' Don Davis Collection sale, April 27, in Fort Worth, Texas
• Single-day auction features 64 motor cars without reserve
• Offering comprises diverse roster of European sports and GT cars and American horsepower, including superb series of Porsche and Corvette automobiles
• Complete digital catalogue now available online at rmauctions.com
Following its record-setting sale of the Bruce Weiner Microcar Museum earlier this year, RM Auctions is proud to c...[Read more...]|