|PORSCHE'S 914 HONORED AT 20TH AMELIA CONCOURS d'ELEGANCE|
|The 20th annual Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance will honor the first mid-engine production Porsche, the 914 in all its variants.
At first some Porsche purists lamented the Porsche 914's seemingly humble origins. They whispered the 'V-Word' . . . Volkswagen. The reality was that the 914 is a blood descendant of the seminal Gmund Porsche, the first car to wear the family name and the crest, a pure sports car designed around a Volkswagen-sourced air-cooled flat-four and a mid-engine con...[Read more...]|
|MASERATI AND RUXTON AMONG FEATURED MARQUES AT 2014 PEBBLE BEACH CONCOURS d'ELEGANCE|
|PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. (February 20, 2014) -- Maserati, a marque renowned for its racing greats as well as road cars offering both elegance and sporting performance, takes center stage at the 64th annual Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. The event, often said to be the most intense collector car competition in the world, will be held on Sunday, August 17, at The Lodge at Pebble Beach.
Additional 2014 features range from rainbow-hued Ruxtons and antique steamers to the elegant coachwork...[Read more...]|
|NATALIE WOOD'S 300 SL ROADSTER JOINS STUNNING LIST OF ENTRIES FOR RM'S AMELIA ISLAND SALE|
|• RM Auctions announces additional highlights for its 16th annual Amelia Island sale, held March 8th at the Ritz-Carlton
• Recent entries are led by a 1957 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Roadster that was originally owned by Hollywood actress Natalie Wood
• As the official auction house of the world-renowned Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, RM's single-day sale will feature a roster of more than 80 handpicked automobiles
• A frequently updated list of consignments is available online at www.rmauction...[Read more...]|
|STARS, STRIPES AND VICTORY FOR 'THE AMELIA'S' AUSTIN KIMBERLY IN BRITISH ROAD RACING CHAMPIOSNHIP|
|American teenager Austin Kimberly scored his first victory in the 2013 Avon Tyres National FF1600 Championship season at the 2.1 mile Anglesey road racing circuit in Wales (UK) last weekend (May 12). After qualifying third, the young American racer led every lap of the 25.1 mile championship race for 1600cc Formula Ford racers.
A go-kart racer since the age of nine, Austin opened the British Racing Sports Car Club's 2013 national Formula Ford Championship season with two podium appearances...[Read more...]|
|Magnificent Series of Coachbuilt Classics To Grace RM's Amelia Island Concours D'Elegance Sale|
|• RM Auctions returns as the official auction house of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, March 9, 2013
• Single-day sale features breathtaking roster of more than 80 investment-quality collector cars
• Notable highlights include an outstanding series of coachbuilt classics headlined by a multi-million-dollar 1935 Duesenberg Model SJ Walker-LaGrande Convertible Coupe and a trio of Cords from the personal collection of Jim Fasnacht
• Frequently updated list of entries available online at r...[Read more...]|