•Ram 1500, Jeep Wrangler and Dodge Challenger are most accessorized vehicles in North America •Side steps, Jeep Wrangler tops and floor mats are best-selling accessories in North America •Fiat 500, Fiat 500L and Jeep Grand Cherokee among most accessorized vehicles in other global regions •Top-selling accessories announced for Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America February 11, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The automotive aftermarket, specifically accessories, is a $70 billion market worldwide. Through its Mopar service, parts and customer-care brand, Chrysler Group LLC and Fiat S.p.A now offer more than 25,000 proven, quality-tested parts and accessories in more than 130 countries. Today the Company announced Ram 1500 as its most accessorized vehicle and side steps and running boards as its top-selling accessories in North America for 2012. 'We continue to see a tremendous appetite for customization and personalization in the automotive market,' said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar. 'Whether it's performance upgrades, everyday accessories, or innovative, cutting-edge technology, customers want their vehicle to make a statement. At Mopar, we offer a full portfolio of parts and accessories that have been specifically developed and quality-tested for our vehicles.' The following are Mopar's most accessorized vehicles and top-selling accessories in North America for 2012:
Mopar Offers More Than 25,000 Accessories Worldwide
1. Side Steps and Running Boards 2. Jeep Wrangler Tops 3. Floor Mats 4. Trailer Hitches 5. Bedliners and Tonneau Covers 6. Suspension Upgrades 7. Wheel Locks 8. Splash Guards 9. Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS) 10. Remote Start In addition to the U.S., Mopar also announced its most accessorized vehicles and top-selling accessories in its global regions.
1. Jeep Wrangler 2. Jeep Grand Cherokee 3. Fiat 500/500L 4. Fiat Panda 5. Fiat Freemont
Europe, Middle East and Africa Vehicles
1. Tom Tom Blue&Me 2. Tow Bars 3. Alloy Wheels 4. Parking Sensor 5. Floor Mats 6. Side Steps 7. Mirror Covers 8. Apple USB Connection for Blue&Me version 9. Boot Organizer 10. Sport Rear Diffusers
1. Jeep Wrangler 2. Jeep Grand Cherokee 3. Fiat 500 4. Jeep Compass 5. Jeep Patriot
Asia Pacific Vehicles
1. Radios 2. Side Steps and Running Boards 3. Back-up Cameras 4. Door-sill Guards 5. Bumpers and Winch Kits 6. Floor Mats 7. Grilles 8. Décor Kits 9. Splash Guards 10. Roof Racks
1. Fiat Uno 2. Fiat Palio 3. Jeep Wrangler 4. Jeep Grand Cherokee 5. Fiat 500
Latin America Vehicles
1. Alarms 2. Floor Mats 3. Skid Plates 4. Alloy Wheels 5. Wheel Locks 6. Tonneau Covers 7. Décor Kits 8. Safety Kits 9. Speakers 10. Bedliners
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including: •Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with consumers •Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format and first to offer complete vehicle-information kits in Spanish •Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot •Wireless charging: first to introduce in-vehicle wireless charging for portable devices •Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with a new interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters •2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car •Brand-specific customer care telephone lines: first to offer Sunday service hours for customers •WiTECH: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network
Mopar is Chrysler Group LLC's service, parts and customer-care brand. With the creation of the Chrysler Group and Fiat S.p.A. partnership, Mopar is extending its global reach, integrating service, parts and customer-care operations in order to enhance dealer and customer support worldwide. Combined with Fiat S.p.A., Mopar's global portfolio includes more than 500,000 parts and accessories that are distributed in more than 130 countries. Mopar is the source for all genuine parts and accessories for Chrysler Group and Fiat S.p.A. brands. Mopar parts are unique in that they are engineered with the same teams that create factory-authorized vehicle specifications for Chrysler Group and Fiat S.p.A. vehicles — a direct connection that no other aftermarket parts company can provide. A complete list of Mopar accessories and performance parts is available at www.mopar.com.
About the Mopar Brand
Mopar (a simple contraction of the words MOtor and PARts) was trademarked for antifreeze product in 1937. The Mopar brand made its mark in the 1960s — the muscle-car era. The Chrysler Corporation built race-ready Dodge and Plymouth 'package cars' equipped with special high-performance parts. Mopar carried a line of 'special parts' for super-stock drag racers and developed its racing parts division called Mopar Performance Parts to enhance speed and handling for both road and racing use. The brand has expanded to include technical service and customer support.
More than 75 Years of Mopar