The Lozier Motor Company was a brass era producer of automobiles in the United States from 1900 until 1915. Their cars were top line luxury vehicles and for a time were the most expensive cars produced in America. Early Loziers were manufactured in Plattsburgh, New York but the company moved to Detroit in 1910. In 1911 a Lozier was entered into the first running of the Indianapolis 500.
Lozier automobiles were exceptionally well-engineered and built of the best materials available. They made extensive use of ball bearings in place of plain bearings and bushings for less friction and longer life.
This is thought to be the sole surviving 1908 Lozier Briarcliff Model H. It was specifically built as a race car. It was raced until 1918 by Ellis McAllister, the car's second owner. The current owners purchased the car in 2016 to use on tours.