In 1926, the company introduced a new car - the 14/50 - which was a departure from their previous models. It was a more refined car, a roomy and smooth touring car that later became the company's well-known 'Two-Litre' car. This unusual car had an engine with hemispherical heads and a five-bearing crankshaft, a well made chassis and efficient brakes. The 2-liter kept the same engine, but included slightly higher compression and a four seater with fabric bodywork. In 1929, the Two-Liter was offered on a low chassis with cycle type front fenders (which turn with the wheels). Gunn's company continued to make almost all of their parts and the cars (which were similar in size and weight to W.O. Bentley cars) came to be known as 'poor man's Bentleys.'
2007 was the Lagonda's 23rd year at Monterey. For the last 28 years, both in the US and the UK, she has been used extensively for races, rallies, vacations and shopping. The car has never been restored and still has the original fabric covered body.
The car was purchased in the United Kingdom in 1980 and brought to the United States in 1984. Its history is known from 1939.
The car is unrestored; the body has never been off the chassis and the engine and transmission are original. Body, fittings and most of the upholstery are original.
The car is raced 4 to 5 times per year, rallied and is used most weekends. It has competed at the Monterey Histroics 25 times.
Similar cars ran at Le Mans and Brooklands in 1928-1930.