2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible — One-of-a-Kind Styling and Drop-top Capability
Contributing to the PT Cruiser's milestone of 1 million total sales, the 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible offers cool PT Cruiser styling with versatility and flexibility not found in other convertibles. In addition to its one-of-a-kind heritage styling, the 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible boasts a power convertible soft top, 10 inches more rear legroom than its competitors, storage space large enough to fit at least two golf bags or similar lifestyle equipment, two available turbo engine options and an exceptionally quiet ride.
Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible's seats may be configured in nine different ways. Its versatile Fold & Tumble® rear seats and pass-through trunk make it unique in its segment. With 84.3 cu. ft. of space and 13.3 cu. ft. of pass-through luggage volume, the 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible maintains its leadership in the segment, offering more interior cargo volume than its competitors.
Chrysler PT Convertible features two available turbocharged engines (180 horsepower or 230 horsepower), which also is unique among its competitors. 'WHAT'S NEW FOR 2007' Exterior
- Three new colors: Pastel Yellow Clear Coat, Tangerine Pearl and Opal Pearl Coat
- New YES Essentials® seat fabric optional on Touring—available in Pastel Pebble Beige and Pastel Slate Gray
Console flood lamp standard on all models
- 'Boston Premium Audio' badge included with Boston Acoustics Premium Sound Group DESIGN
'The 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible is the ultimate in factory customization,' said Trevor Creed, Senior Vice President—Design, Chrysler Group. 'We've maintained the unique styling that owns the segment, and given convertible lovers the freedom to drop the top and still maintain the structural integrity of their vehicle.'
The 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible is a one-of-a-kind convertible—no other convertible on the road can match its unique PT Cruiser styling. From the front, Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible features the face of Chrysler, scalloped headlamps and round fog lamps.
On the interior, the instrument panel has a Satin Silver finish and features large, visible graphics, flush shutoff air vents and a Chrysler signature analog clock. The radio is mounted high in the center stack, and a passenger grab handle on the right side of the instrument panel makes it easier for passengers to get into and out of the vehicle. Front cup holders on the GT model get bright accents.
The Chrysler PT Convertible's center console features a sliding armrest and covered storage space, as well as a front-passenger-seat storage bin. This console includes a battery-fed power outlet for cell-phone charging, and two fold-out cup holders for passengers in the back seat. ENGINEERING
'Not only is the PT Convertible a blast to drive, it's also extremely quiet with top up or down and offers a level of ride handling not typically found in the segment,' said Larry Lyons, Vice President—Front-wheel-drive Product Team. 'It's also the only convertible in its class that offers two turbocharged engines.'
From interior spaciousness, function and flexibility to engine power, a quiet ride and sold handling, the 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible tops the competition.
The 2007 Chrysler PT Convertible has more interior volume than its competitors, making comfortable room for four passengers. Those passengers also have plenty of room to stretch their legs, with at least 10 more inches of rear-seat legroom than the competition. The PT Convertible also provides interior functionality that is rare in the convertible market, including Fold and Tumble 50/50 rear seats, nine different seat configurations and enough room with the pass-through luggage volume to hold two golf bags.
Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible is the only convertible in its class to offer two turbocharged engines (180 horsepower and 230 horsepower). Not only quick off the line, the Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible also has a smooth ride. Structural reinforcements provide superior convertible ride and handling. Top up or down, the Chrysler PT Cruiser is an extremely quiet convertible, thanks to extensive wind tunnel testing, acoustic treatments and weather stripping. When the top is dropped, the sport bar design lifts wind above the vehicle and assists in reducing wind noise. PRODÚCT HIGHLIGHTS
- The 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible offers cool PT Cruiser styling with versatility and flexibility not found in other convertibles
- Aimed squarely at the sweet spot of the 325,000-unit-per-year segment, the Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible has distinctive PT Cruiser styling, making it both the convertible to be in and the convertible to be seen in
- Only the Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible offers the PT Cruiser's distinctive, one-of-a-kind styling that looks as good on the inside as it does on the outside
- Besides its styling, the Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible is unique in the segment because it has versatile Fold & Tumble rear seats and a pass-through trunk
- Driving experience shows that the Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible is extremely quiet with top up or down and offers a level of ride handling not typically found in the segment
- Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible has two available turbocharged engines (180 horsepower or 230 horsepower), which is unique among its competitorsSource - Chrysler