The Peerless Motor Company was founded in Cleveland, Ohio, in 1900. Originally a producer of clothes wringers and then bicycles, the Peerless name became synonymous with high quality. With Packard and Pierce-Arrow, it was often referred to as one of the 'Three P's of Motordom,' with the 'P' also indicating Premium cars. Originally the transport of a mining engineer in Lake City, Colorado, this Peerless was bought by its current owner from the Sullivan Collector in Hawaii in 1990. The current owner has participated in the London to Brighton Veteran Car Run many times with this vehicle.
Rear Entrance Tonneau
Chassis Num: 102
Engine Num: 20
The Rear Entrance Tonneau is typical of the stylish motorcars built by Peerless in the early period. Famed for its engineering ingenuity, the Peerless Motor Car Company pioneered the use of the shaft drive when the rest of the auto industry was still using belts and chains. Its reputation for durability led to the company slogan 'Peerless - all that the name implies.' This car participated in the 1984 London to Brighton Veteran Car Run driven by its then owner Phil Hill, who restored the car in the 1980s. It has a two-cylinder, 16 horsepower engine mounted in the front.