2009 Dodge Sprinter Continues Leadership with Segment's Best Fuel Economy and Lowest Ownership Costs
Continuing its dominance as the market's top-performing full-size van, the 2009 Dodge Sprinter delivers world-class quality, performance and value with the segment's best fuel performance and lowest ownership costs.
'Since its Ú.S. introduction in 2003, Dodge Sprinter has consistently been recognized as the best full-size van on the market and the 2009 model is no exception,' said Michael Accavitti, Director – Dodge Marketing and Global Communications. 'With the most safety features, class-leading advantages and highest resale value, the 2009 Dodge Sprinter remains the work vehicle of choice for the commercial customer looking to stand out from the competition.'
The 2009 Dodge Sprinter has the most class-leading attributes including best fuel performance in the full-size van segment, best-in-class cargo capacity (up to 600 cubic feet), highest maximum payload (5,649 lbs.), lowest side step-in height (19.9 inches), greatest interior roof height (up to seven feet) and widest rear-door opening (270 degrees). Its pallet-friendly cargo sliding door offers a best-in-class loading width of 51 inches.
Delivering more than 25 advanced safety and security features – most in the full-size van segment, standard features include power windows and locks, integrated wide-angle mirrors, halogen headlamps, 16-inch wheels, tilt- and height-adjustable steering wheel, CD radio, one-touch triple-flash function turn signals and Adaptive ESP (Electronic Stability Program) for improved functionality and safety. WHAT'S NEW FOR 2009
• Gas engine no longer available
• Available electric power-sliding door for both cargo and passenger vans
• Úpgraded radio system with MP3 capability
• Frame-mounted spare tire (chassis cab only)
• Available rear crossmember (chassis cab only)
• Six-disc CD changer as stand-alone option
• Wiring prep added to AM/FM/CD/radio with phone connection (optional)
• Window Group IV with emergency glass (optional)
• Available180-degree rear door opening
• Two-stage side-door opening option
• Exterior mirror extensions (up to 96 inches) for wide-body upfits (chassis cab only)
• Exterior mirror extensions option (up to 90 inches) for wide-body upfits
(chassis cab only)
• Exterior mirror without extensions option (chassis cab only)
• Optional wheel chocks (3500 models)
• Optional roof rails (cargo van only)
• Optional auxiliary fuel tap (passenger van only)
• Lamp failure monitoring delete option standard for chassis cab
• Premium Sound Package no longer available DESIGN
With its signature crosshair grille and bold styling, the 2009 Dodge Sprinter is a showcase of design excellence. Boasting a uniquely distinctive and dynamic appearance, from its enhanced unibody frame to huge sliding doors and state-of-the-art windows, the 2009 Dodge Sprinter is a striking combination of decisive and durable design, offering convenience, safety and security in a workspace optimized to provide enhanced comfort, ergonomics and functionality.
The 2009 Dodge Sprinter is available in three vehicle lengths (233, 273 and 289 inches) on two wheelbases of 144 inches or 170 inches, or 170 inches extended with a 15-inch longer rear overhang. It also boasts three interior roof-height options: standard (65 inches), high (76 inches) and mega (84 inches) – the most among full-size vans. ENGINEERING
With a global reputation for innovation, superior performance and manufacturing superiority, Sprinter has consistently been a platform for innovation, technology and versatility, setting new benchmarks in the commercial van segment.
Meeting all federal emission standards, a low-emission engine enables the 2009 Dodge Sprinter to effortlessly meet the stringent power requirements needed to support a host of commercial applications. Dodge Sprinter's high-performance 3.0-liter V-6 turbodiesel engine delivers 154 horsepower (115 kW) and maximum torque of 280 lb.-ft. (380 N•m) at 1,200-2,400 rpm. Ensuring superior commercial capability, the engine delivers impressive power and a refined, smooth-running driving experience.
All 2009 Dodge Sprinter models are equipped with a standard five-speed automatic transmission, providing effortless shifting and maximum smoothness, well-spaced ratios, long service life and high fuel economy. Segment-leading fuel economy, along with oil change intervals of 10,000 miles, contributes to low maintenance costs.Source - Dodge