Chassis Num: 37387
This whereabouts of this Bugatti Type 37-Ford Special was unknown for many decades, until the previous owner offered it for sale in 1993. It was originally owned by Elwood Lufkin who purchased the car after a tour of the Bugatti factory in 1931. Si....[continue reading]
The Type 37 was first introduced in 1926 and available in two forms - normal and supercharged. The Supercharged versions were dubbed the 37A. Production lasted until 1930. During its production lifespan, around 290 examples were produced. The vehicle was powered by a 2-liter four-cylinder engine with either a Zenith or Solex carburetor. With the use of the supercharger, the engine produced 90 horsepower. Top speed was achieved at nearly 100 mph. Power was sent to the rear wheels through the use of a four-speed manual gearbox.