2010 Jeep® Patriot Delivers Best-in-class Capability
• Five-speed manual transmission with 2.0-liter World Engine delivers 29 mpg highway (standard on Patriot Sport 4x2)
• Driver and front-passenger active head restraints (all models)
• Remote start (available with Security Group)
• Automatic climate control (available on Patriot Limited)
Jeep® Patriot is a tremendous value, combining the packaging, safety features and interior flexibility of a sport-utility vehicle (SÚV) with performance, handling, and 29-mpg highway fuel economy. With its combination of fun, freedom, utility and best-in-class Jeep 4x4 capability, the 2010 Jeep Patriot sets apart from the competition.
Innovative technology affords Jeep Patriot more capability than any other vehicle in its class. Jeep Patriot is available in three drive configurations: front-wheel drive, Freedom Drive I™ (a full-time, active four-wheel-drive system with lock mode) and Freedom Drive II™ Off-Road Package (a full-time, active 4x4 system with best-in-class 19:1 Low Ratio that provides true Jeep 4x4 Trail Rated® capability).
The Trail Rated Jeep Patriot equipped with Freedom Drive II Off-Road Package sits one inch higher than non-Trail Rated versions and meets Jeep off-road capability requirements for traction, water fording, articulation, maneuverability and ground clearance. The Off-Road Package's 17-inch wheels contribute to the Trail Rated Patriot's 9 inches of ground clearance, 29.6-degree approach angle, 34.2-degree departure angle and 23.3-degree breakover angle. In addition, Trail Rated models have additional body sealing and high-mounted drivetrain vents in order to support 19-inch water-fording capability.
The Freedom Drive II Off-Road Package utilizes a second-generation Continuously Variable Transaxle with a low ratio (CVT2L) to maximize off-road capability. In addition, 17-inch all-terrain tires, a full-size spare tire, skid plates, tow hooks and fog lamps separate Trail Rated Jeep Patriots from all other compact SÚVs.
Jeep Patriot is designed for customers who want four-wheel-drive capability or the year-round versatility of front-wheel drive, excellent fuel economy and an attractive price point. With modern interior and classic Jeep exterior styling, including traditional round Jeep headlamps, seven-slot grille, muscular body-side flares, and strong stance—the 2010 Jeep Patriot broadens the classic Jeep design appeal to new customers. JEEP PATRIOT AT A GLANCE Rugged, classic Jeep® styling at an affordable entry-level price
• Immediately recognizable as a Jeep vehicle, Patriot expands the brand by providing an entry-level price point for the Jeep brand More capability than any other vehicle in the compact SÚV class
• Best-in-class 4x4 off-road capability (Trail Rated when equipped with Freedom Drive II Off-Road Package. Features include: low-range mode generating best-in-class 19:1 crawl ratio, Brake-traction Control System (BTCS), Hill-descent Control (HDC), Hill-start Assist (HSA) and 19-inch water-fording capability) Confidence, safety and value
• Excellent 29-mpg highway fuel economy, along with standard Electronic Stability
• Program (ESP), Brake-traction Control System (BTCS), ABS, side-curtain air bags, Electronic-roll Mitigation (ERM) and Brake Assist Innovative interior
• Flexible 60/40 split, fold-flat rear seats with available recline feature
• Available front-passenger seat that folds forward to create a table-like surface for versatility
• Available 115-volt power outlet in the center console that can power small electronics
• Dual-purpose, self-recharging LED removable interior cargo lamp mounted in the headliner above the cargo area can snap out of the bezel to serve as a flashlight
• Available Úconnect™ Multimedia with touch-screen and 30-gigabyte hard drive stores up to 6,700 songs, displays photos and plays DVD movies (when the vehicle is in Park)
• Available Úconnect Navigation combines Úconnect Phone and Úconnect Multimedia with navigation and real-time traffic. The system includes an integrated voice-recognition system and touch-screen for easy operation
• Available Sun and Sound Group with a sun roof, SIRIÚS Satellite Radio (Sport 'E' only), a leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls, nine Boston Acoustics speakers including subwoofer and two articulating speakers packaged in the liftgate. When the liftgate is open, speakers can swing down from the trim panel to face rearward for tailgating and other activities
• Removable, carpeted load floor
• Available stain repel seat fabric
• Auxiliary audio input jack on standard radio for MP3 connectivity
• Available heated cloth or leather seats
• Illuminated LED cup holders Source - Jeep