Image credits: © Audi.
2010 Audi S5
Audi announces 2010 MY pricing for all-new, segment-leading S4 performance sedan and stylish A5/S5 Cabriolet
- S4 sedan is repositioned to be more attainable without compromises in performance or features.
- A5 and S5 Cabriolet mark the expansion of the successful A5/S5 model line as the convertible model moves from the A4/S4 lineup.
- A5 and S5 Cabriolet employ an innovative acoustic soft top that features a 15 second folding time, integrated rear reading lights, and flat-folding 50:50 split rear seats.
HERNDON, Va., Aug 14, 2009 - Audi today announced the Ú.S. manufacturer's suggested retail prices for the highly anticipated 2010 Audi S4 sedan and A5 / S5 Cabriolet models. The S models arrive at Ú.S. dealers in late August, while the A5 Cabriolet will be available in the Fall of 2009.
2010 S4 sedan (excluding $825 destination charge, taxes, title, options and dealer charges):
S4 sedan (manual) $45,900
S4 sedan (S tronic) $47,300
2010 A5 and S5 Cabriolet (excluding $825 destination charge, taxes, title, options and dealer charges):
A5 Cabriolet 2.0T multitronic front-wheel drive $42,000
A5 Cabriolet 2.0T Tiptronic quattro ` $44,100
S5 Cabriolet (S tronic) $58,250
The S4 sedan and A5/S5 Cabriolet feature technological advancements as available features that enhance both interior and performance luxury. The 3G MMI (Multi Media Interface) with 3D map graphics and SIRIÚS traffic displays the latest evolution of 3D navigation, joystick control for navigation map destination finding, updated graphical clarity, SIRIÚS® artist/title preview, and SIRIÚS traffic-based navigation. (posted on conceptcarz.com)
The S4 sedan features voice-based destination input control, and voice inputs such as 'I'm hungry,' 'I need gas' and 'I need coffee' that will point to the closest options. The unique Audi drive select option available in the S4 sedan and A5/S5 Cabriolet also helps the driver customize steering, suspension, and acceleration characteristics. The available performance-oriented Sports Rear Differential package with torque vectoring is reserved for the S4 sedan and S5 coupe/Cabriolet.
The 2010 S4 sedan returns to the Audi Ú.S. lineup a year after the successful launch of the all-new B8 A4, and marks a strategic enhancement for performance models in the Ú.S. Audi lineup.
The new S4 features more performance and technology than ever and now enters a hotly contested competitive set that includes the BMW 335i and Mercedes-Benz C350 at a very attainable price. Now equipped with a 3.0T V6 FSI direct injection supercharged engine with 333 hp and 325 lb-ft of torque, the 2010 S4 with a manual transmission offers a 0-60 time of 4.9 seconds, compared to a 0-60 time of 5.3 seconds for the previous generation S4 V8 manual. The 2010 S4 also provides greater fuel efficiency (2010 S4 manual achieves 18 mpg city/27 highway, compared to the previous-generation 2008 S4 V8 manual ratings of 13 mpg city/20 mpg highway).
The S4 sedan will also provide more performance and standard features over its German luxury competitors. Úsing a continual focus on attention to detail, S4-specific features include distinctive standard S4-embossed heated front sport seats, front/rear bumpers, front grille, wheels, LED tail lights and front xenon headlamps with LED daytime running lights. Other unique standard features include rear-biased 40:60 quattro® all-wheel drive, 18' wheels, heated front sport seats with S4 logo embossing, stainless steel and carbon fiber interior trim, contrast stitching on steering wheel / shifter / seats, Bluetooth®, SIRIÚS satellite radio, Homelink®, and iPod® Interface.
Engine : 4.2 L., 8-cylinder
Power: 354 hp
Torque: 325 ft-lbs
6-speed Automatic6-speed Manual7-speed Automatic
The introduction of A5 and S5 Cabriolet marks the expansion of the A5 model line and the replacement for the 2009 A4 and S4 Cabriolet nameplates. Featuring an innovative cloth acoustic roof that folds in a class-leading 15 seconds at speeds of up to 30 miles per hour, it is lighter than a retractable hard top and improves driving dynamics, center of gravity, and fuel efficiency as a result. Safety continues to be a top priority for Audi, which offers more models earning 'Top Safety Pick' recognition from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety than any other German luxury car brand.*
The A5 and S5 Cabriolet feature the latest safety features expected from a modern German luxury 4-seater convertible, including active roll bars behind the seats, front airbags, knee airbags, seat-mounted side head/chest airbags, and ESP stability control. Several packaging innovations come from the cloth acoustic roof, including rear passenger reading lights and class-leading 50:50 flat-folding rear seats. The A5 and S5 Cabriolet also come with available head-level heating built into the seats, enabling passengers to enjoy a longer top-down motoring season. The front seatbelt presenter puts the belt well within reach of front drivers and passengers as a convenience and safety feature, while ensuring effortless entry or exit.
Audi is the first car company in the Únited States to equip 100% of its gasoline engines with FSI direct injection technology beginning with model year 2010. Audi began racing with FSI direct injection technology in 2000 at the 24 Hours of Le Mans and the American Le Mans Series with the R8 FSI prototype racing sports car. Once this technology first became available for Ú.S. Audi customers in late 2004 with the introduction of the 2005 A6 3.2 FSI quattro, the list of Audi vehicles sold in the Ú.S. with FSI direct injection technology has continued to grow.* - 'Top Safety Pick' is based on 31 mph side-impact crash test, 40 mph frontal-offset crash test and 20 mph rear-impact test and the availability of ESC. Test performed by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. For details, visit www.iihs.org.Source - Audi
A5/S5 Cabriolet U.S. debut at New York Auto Show
HERNDON, Va., Apr 8, 2009 - Dynamic, confident and stunning – the all-new four-seater A5 and S5 Cabriolet from Audi combines a distinctly sporty character with the joy of open-top driving, refined comfort and everyday utility. The open-top A5 has a lightweight fabric top which opens in 15 seconds. Designed for visual elegance, the fabric top allowed the development of the segment-unique folding rear seat backs and a large pass-through between the luggage compartment and interior. As a result, storage volume increased to a generous 750 liters (26.49 cubic ft).
Audi also offers quattro permanent all-wheel drive as an upgrade in the 2.0 TFSI Tiptronic and as standard equipment on both the 3.2 FSI Tiptronic and S5 S tronic variants. The innovative sport differential, available on the S5 Cabriolet, variably distributes power between the rear wheels for even greater dynamics and driving pleasure. The perfect addition to this technology is the optional Audi drive select vehicle dynamics system, which enables the driver to customize the characteristics of the vehicle's steering, suspension, and engine/throttle and transmission mapping.
Source - Audi
ABOÚT AÚDI OF AMERICA
Audi of America Inc. and its 270 dealers offer a full line of German-engineered luxury vehicles. The Audi line-up is one of the freshest in the industry with 23 models, including 12 models launched during model years 2008 and 2009. Audi is among the most successful luxury automotive brands globally. In selling one million vehicles worldwide in 2008, AÚDI AG recorded its 13th consecutive record year for sales growth.
New 2010 Audi A5 and S5 Cabriolet - Quick Reference: USA DataKey Points Summary
• The A5 product line is now expanded to include Cabriolet models with three powerful and fuel-efficient powertrains (2.0 TFSI 4 cylinder, 3.2 FSI V6, 3.0 TFSI V6 with supercharged technology).
• A5 Cabriolet features ground-breaking soft top technology for elegant styling, superior room and storage space, and superb driving dynamics.
• Únique 50/50 split rear folding seats allows maximum storage flexibility
• Audi Drive Select (adjustable engine/throttle mapping, suspension damping, and dynamic steering) is a benchmark in the segment and industry.
• New optional quattroSport rear differential enhances agility.
• ÚSA market launch for A5/S5 Cabriolet is Fall 2009, as 2010 model year.
• A5/S5 Cabriolet replaces the A4/S4 Cabriolet.Design
• A5/S5 Cabriolet interior and exterior distinctive features include:
o New rear LED lighting
o Sport seats with unique interior color offerings
o Cloth convertible top features Audi Acoustic Roof technology for a quite interior.
• Typical Audi interior design is modern and sophisticated, with clear attention to detail, including 1 liter bottle holders in each door.
• S5 Aluminum-optic exterior accents include front and rear diffuser blades, mirror housings, and four exhaust pipes.
Powertrain and Performance
• Modular Longitudinal Chassis architecture is the foundation for a benchmark sport sedan. (concept carz)
o Extensive use of new ultra-high-strength steels increase rigidity of the body while also reducing weight.
o Repositioned clutch / torque-converter allows more forward position of front axle.
• Better agility and turn in
• Better axle load distribution
• Shorter front overhang
• Longer wheelbase = more comfortable ride
o Repositioned steering rack, lower and closer to the wheel carriers lowers center of gravity and provides more direct steering control/feedback.
o Sporty proportions and muscular stance enhanced due to longer, wider, and lower dimensions.
o Reduced front overhang adds to visual sportiness.
• The following power train configurations are offered in ÚSA:
• A5 Cabriolet 2.0 TFSI specifications
o FSI direct injection with turbocharging
o Audi Valvelift System
o 211 hp – 258 lb-ft torque
o quattro® all-wheel drive (standard with 40/60 rear biased torque split) or FrontTrak front-wheel drive
o Tiptronic 6 speed automatic transmission for quattro model or Multitronic continuously variable transmission for the FrontTrak model
o Top speed 130 mph
• A5 Cabriolet 3.2 FSI V6 specifications:
o FSI direct injection
o Audi Valvelift System
o 265 hp – 243 lb-ft torque
o quattro all-wheel drive with 40/60 rear torque bias
o Tiptronic 6 speed automatic transmission
o Top speed 130 mph
• S5 Cabriolet 3.0 TFSI supercharged V6 specifications:
o S5 Coupe manual and 6-speed Tiptronic 354 hp / 325 lb-ft V8 continue for another year through the end of model year 2010; 2011 S5 Coupe will have 3.0 TFSI supercharger with 333 hp / 325 lb-ft, and manual and 7-speed S tronic transmissions.
o FSI direct injection with intercooled supercharger
o 333hp – 325 lb-ft
o quattro® all-wheel drive with 40/60 rear torque bias
o S tronic 7 speed double-clutch automatic transmission
o Top speed 155 mph
• Latest generation of quattro® all-wheel drive is employed, with asymmetric rear-biased torque split (40% front / 60% rear under nominal conditions).
• S5 Cabriolet only: New available quattroSport rear differential dynamically varies torque between the rear wheels.
• Fuel economy is significantly improved over A4 Cabriolet .
Launch Timing and Pricing
• Rear 50/50 split folding seats in A5/S5 Cabriolet (not available with competitors)
• Cloth convertible top for elegant styling, superior interior and storage space, and low weight penalty (for better driving dynamics)
• New head-level heating system with heated/cooled front seats
• MMI operating logic standard with central display screen
• Audi Drive Select – varies the engine, transmission, steering, and suspension damping characteristics to suit the driver's preferences
• Audi Intelligent Key – stores service information in the key
• Advanced Key keyless entry and starting
• Bluetooth hands-free telephone interface
• Bi-xenon headlamps with LED daytime running lights
• Audi Parking System rear with rearview camera
• Electromechanical parking brake
• Hard-drive-based Navigation system with Audi third-generation MMI.
• Audi Side Assist lane change assistant
• Bang & Olufsen 505W sound system
• World auto show debut is Geneva auto show in March, 2009
• ÚSA A5/S5 Cabriolet with all mentioned engine/transmission combinations goes on sale in Fall 2009 (as a 2010 model year vehicles).
• Ú.S. pricing to be announced later.Source - Audi