The supercar from Audi receives an all-new powerplant for 2010. The R8 5.2 FSI delivers breathtaking performance courtesy of 525 horsepower and when equipped with a manual transmission weighs just 3,571 lbs. The R8 is the culmination of knowledge gleaned from repeated Audi victories at Le Mans – the world's most trying motorsport arena.
With quattro on board, the Audi R8 takes advantage of every ounce of power, managing 0-60 mph in less than 3.9 seconds when equipped with the 5.2 FSI V10. Despite the larger displacement, the 5.2 FSI still maintains beautiful poise on the track or the street, thanks to a low center of gravity and refined suspension.
Despite its light weight, the Audi R8 treats occupants to the highest material quality and comfort. A new iPod® interface is standard for 2010, as is carbon fiber on the doorsills, exterior mirrors and body kit. Comfortable, yet supportive bucket seats cradle both driver and passenger in luxurious Napa leather, and an available parking assist system means the R8 is as easy to drive as it is powerful. The V8 version features 420 hp and 317 lb-ft of torque, with a 0-60 mph time of 4.4 seconds for both the manual and R tronic versions.
R8 4.2 FSI quattro and 5.2 FSI quattro model year 2010 Pricing and Model Changes
(excluding $1,200 destination charge, taxes, title, options and dealer charges)
R8 4.2 FSI (V8) quattro (6-Speed Manual) $114,200
R8 4.2 FSI (V8) quattro (R tronic) $123,300
R8 5.2 FSI (V10) quattro (6-Speed Manual) $146,000
R8 5.2 FSI (V10) quattro (R tronic) $155,100
Key Summary Points
• R8 V10 5.2 FSI quattro coupe added to R8 line
• Full LED lights optional on V8 and standard on V10
• Carbon fiber doorsills, external mirrors and body kit available
• Illuminated doorsills available
• New titanium finish wheels
• New Lava Gray exterior color
• New Sepang Blue exterior color (V10 only)
• New Amulet Red Fine Napa interior color
• The R8 sports car continues to be a halo for the Audi brand worldwide.
• Addition of 525 hp / 391 lb-ft R8 V10 enhances the lineup.
• quattro all-wheel drive with rear bias continues to offer superior high performance advantages in traction, transverse dynamics and stability.
• Audi racing triumph is embodied in the R8 line: FSI direct injection, mid-engine
concept, quattro AWD, aluminum Audi Space Frame, high revving powerplants, and dry-sump lubrication.Market
• Audi R8 is uniquely positioned in the market with both highly-advanced and highrevving V8 FSI and V10 FSI direct injection engines, both achieving at least 100 hp/liter with normally aspirated powerplants.
• Audi magnetic ride not only offers high-performance adaptive damping, reacting
to the driving situation within milliseconds, it also offers greater comfort at the
push of a button for a truly everyday high-performance sports car.Dynamics for all R8 models
• The R8 is assembled by hand and built with the innovative aluminum Audi Space
Frame resulting in light weight, extremely high strength and torsional rigidity, and optimized load distribution. The R8 ASF chassis weighs only 463 lbs.
• Audi magnetic ride with continuously adjustable magnetorheological damping
along with 'Sport' and 'Normal' modes for further driver control.
• quattro® AWD with rear bias
• 6-speed manual or available 6-speed R tronic sequential-manual transmission
with S mode and launch control (shift times in the region of 0.1 seconds)
• Mid-engine design creates a very well-balanced ride/handling driving experience
• Dry sump lubrication for uninterrupted high-performance operation
• Advanced air-intake cooling system via front, underbody, and side air intake flow
• Advanced aerodynamics: full flat underbody with extensive underbody diffuser
system, automatic deployable rear spoiler with vent for engine compartmentSource - Audi