Life just got more extreme. Much more extreme.
The Viper-powered Dodge Tomahawk concept vehicle shatters all the barriers of conventional thinking about personal transportation. This four-wheel, single-passenger vehicle is a sleek, rolling sculpture that combines art-deco styling with extreme engineering.
The 500-horsepower Viper V-10 engine powering the dual rear wheels gives this radical vehicle a potential top speed of nearly 400 miles per hour - for anyone who wants to test it. The Tomahawk roared into public view at the North American International Auto Show.
Initial reaction to the concept vehicle typically comes in two words: 'Wow' and 'why.' If you want to see 'why' and feel the 'wow' check out the Tomahawk site and get ready to experience the extreme.
One look at Tomahawk and it's obvious that Dodge continues to drive its foot to the floor - most recently with the all-new 2003 Viper, Heavy Duty and Light Duty Rams and an SRT lineup dedicated to engineering the most powerful production vehicles in their segments.
That extreme thinking produced a machine in the true tradition of power-junkie passion, powered by a 505 cu. in., 8300 cc aluminum Viper V-10 engine.
The Dodge Tomahawk is a Chrysler Group design concept that is as much a Viper-powered work of art as it is a whole new type of vehicle invention. It is both a sculpture that can be ridden, as well as a bold statement about the Chrysler Group's enthusiast culture and passion for design.
Dodge Tomahawk Preliminary SpecificationsGENERAL INFORMATION
• ENGINE: 8.3-LITER, OHV, 20-VALVE SMPI V-10
• Type and Description: 10-cylinder 90-degree V-type, liquid-cooled
• Displacement: 505 cubic inches (8277 cc)
• Construction: 356-T6 aluminum alloy block with cast-iron liners, aluminum alloy cylinder heads
• Bore x Stroke: 4.03 inches x 3.96 inches (102.4 x 100.6)
• Valve System: Two pushrod-actuated overhead valves per cylinder with roller-type hydraulic lifters
• Fuel Injection: Sequential, multi-port electronic with individual runners
• Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
• Power (SAE net): 500 bhp (372 kW) @ 5600 rpm (60.4 bhp/liter)
• Torque (SAE net): 525 lb.-ft. (712 Nom) @ 4200 rpm
• Max Engine Speed: 6000 rpm
• Fuel Requirement: Únleaded premium, 93 octane (R+M/2)
• Oil System: Dry Sump
• Oil Capacity: 8 qts. Mobil1 10W30 Synthetic
• Cooling System: Twin aluminum radiators mounted atop engine intake manifolds, force-fed from front-mounted, belt-driven turbine fan
• Coolant Capacity: 11 qts.
• Exhaust System: Equal-length tubular stainless steel headers with dual collectors and central rear outletsPERFORMANCE:
• 0-60 mph: 2.5 seconds (est.)
• Top Speed: 300+ mph (est.)Source - Dodge Media