2011 YUKON AND YUKON XL FAMILY OFFERS EXCEPTIONAL CAPABILITY, COMFORT AND REFINEMENT
The Yukon and Yukon XL family of full-size SÚVs continues to offer an uncompromising package of capability, comfort and refinement. They offer distinctive styling, spacious and refined interiors, exceptional driving characteristics and segment-leading safety features – including standard head curtain side air bags for all seating rows on all models.
Yukon Denali and Yukon XL Denali return for 2011, equipped with style, technologies and luxury features that have made these models so popular.
Changes for 2011 include OnStar 9.0, with Automatic Crash Response, and two new exterior colors: Mocha Steel Metallic and Carbon Black Metallic.
Yukon provides a smooth, confident and secure driving experience, with its 116-inch (2,946 mm) wheelbase, overall length of 202 inches (5,130 mm) and wide track that complements the long wheelbase. Yukon XL models have exterior dimensions similar to the regular models, but are about 14 inches longer in wheelbase and 20 inches more in overall length. Both Yukon and Yukon XL are available in SLE (cloth trim) and SLT trim (leather appointments), as well as 2WD and 4WD configurations. Yukon XL offers a three-quarter-ton model. A third-row seat is standard on all Yukon models.
For improved fuel economy, Yukon and Yukon XL models feature a 5.3L V-8 with GM's fuel-saving Active Fuel Management technology. The 5.3L and 6.2L engines are capable of running on E85; in fact, all Yukon 4WD and Yukon XL half-ton models come standard with the E85-capable version of the 5.3L V-8. GM vehicles with E85 capability can run on 100-percent gasoline, E85 or any combination of the two. Technologies
The Yukon family packs a lengthy roster of standard and available technologies, designed to enhance safety and make the driving experience more enjoyable. They include:
• Bluetooth connectivity, enabling hands-free calling with controls on the steering wheel
• XM Satellite Radio with NavTraffic, available with the standard XM Satellite Radio service. The new NavTraffic feature delivers real-time traffic advisements and route suggestions on the navigation system
• A power-assisted tailgate, designed to open or close itself via a switch inside the tailgate door, on the overhead console or the key fob
• Side blind zone alert system available on SLT and Denali models. It uses radar sensors behind the rear fascia on both sides of the vehicle that signal an audible and visual alert if objects are detected in 'blind zones'
• Rearview camera system – Remote start, (optional) enables the climate system to heat or cool the vehicle's interior prior to occupant use
• Power-adjustable steering wheel. It's offered exclusively on Denali models and delivers steering wheel position adjustability with an easy entry/exit feature
• Third-row DVD entertainment system is available and includes a flip-down screen and system controls for third-row passengers (Yukon XL and Yukon XL Denali only)
• ÚSB connectivity in the center console, enabling stored audio files to play through the audio system and battery charging for some handheld devices
• Heated/cooled seats available on SLT and standard on Denali models. These leather-trimmed front seats incorporate both heating and cooling features that increase comfort in all climates
• Integrated brake controller works with the ABS system to provide immediate and measured brake force signaling to electric-controlled trailer brake systems. With it, there is no requirement for external and/or aftermarket brake control systems (Yukon and Yukon XL models only).Interior refinement and versatility
The Yukon and Yukon XL are available in two trim levels: SLE (cloth) and SLT (leather). Both feature a spacious and refined environment, thanks to a premium tone-on-tone color scheme and a lower-positioned instrument panel. A third-row seat is standard on all Yukon models.
Sculpted seat designs and detailed trim affirm the vehicles' craftsmanship, which is bolstered by optional amenities such as heated seats for first- and second-row passengers. Also, the front seats offer plenty of fore/aft and recline travel, and the second-row seats have a comfortable angle for the seatback recline.
Craftsmanship is seen in unexpected areas, such as distinctive sill plates that greet occupants when the doors are opened, and there are no exposed fasteners or hardware on the pillars, seats or seat tracks. The seats have 'close-outs' that surround the seat bottoms and seat tracks, creating a more finished appearance. The undersides of the seats are covered, too, when folded.
The Yukon and Yukon XL also offer an industry-exclusive power fold-and-tumble second-row seat feature that eases access to the third-row seat. The power fold-and-tumble second-row seats feature release buttons accessible by the driver on the overhead console or on the interior C-pillar to provide an easy, immediate release of the seat and an access path to the third-row seat or cargo area.
Yukon and Yukon XL interiors are versatile, too. The third-row seats fold flat and are easily tumbled forward or removed for maximum cargo area. Also, the center console storage compartment, at 20.1 liters of capacity, is the segment's largest. The glove box offers significant storage space, too, and features damped opening operation that bolsters quietness and refinement.Yukon Denali models
GMC's unique Yukon Denali models are available in standard and extended-length versions, and are instantly identifiable by their signature chrome honeycomb grille and monochromatic exterior appointments.
Standard features include 20-inch wheels, power liftgate, power release second-row fold-and-tumble bucket seats, head curtain side air bags, power-adjustable pedals, electrochromic (auto-dimming) inside mirror, remote start system, rearview camera system and ultrasonic rear parking assist. From an entertainment standpoint, the vehicles come standard with an AM/FM MP3-capable radio with a six-disc in-dash CD changer, Bose 10-speaker Centerpoint Surround Sound audio system and XM Satellite Radio.
The interiors of the Yukon Denali and Yukon XL Denali offer style and luxury, including standard Nuance leather-covered seating with heated first- and second-row captain's seats, as well as leather trim throughout – including a Denali-exclusive leather-wrapped steering wheel with a host of auxiliary controls. A power and heated steering wheel with Easy Entry/Exit is standard on all Denali models. Soft, low-gloss materials for the instrument panel and other trim pieces complement the upscale styling. The harmonious color and grain of the materials were carefully selected to provide a premium feel as well as durability. Flush-mounted HVAC controls and radios, with almost imperceptible gaps, convey precision and integration, as do dampened doors for the center console storage and cupholders. Chrome accents are on instrument surrounds, vents and other trim. Automatic tri-zone climate control is standard.
The Denali models also offer several helpful and convenient options, including a power sunroof, power-retractable assist steps and a rear-seat, DVD-based entertainment system, a third-row DVD entertainment system (Yukon Denali XL) and side blind zone alert system. Driving experience
The Yukon and Yukon XL, available in 2WD and 4WD, are built on GM's full-size SÚV platform, which incorporates features such as a fully boxed frame, coil-over-shock front suspension and rack-and-pinion steering. The frame supports wide front and rear tracks that enhance stability and driving confidence through a more secure road feel and a lower center of gravity.
Yukon rides on a 116-inch (2,946 mm) wheelbase, with an overall length of 202 inches (5,130 mm). Its wide track complements the long wheelbase to provide a smooth, confident and secure driving experience. Yukon XL models have exterior dimensions similar to the regular models, but are about 14 inches longer in wheelbase and 20 inches longer in overall length.
The front suspension consists of a coil-over-shock design that delivers linear, solid and unwavering ride and handling characteristics on all road surfaces.
A rack-and-pinion steering system provides precise and responsive control and enhanced on-center feel. Yukon and Yukon XL models use a highly refined five-link rear suspension that provides superior isolation and ride, with larger, firmer brackets that also contribute to the vehicles' precise driving manners.
Large, four-wheel disc brakes and a sophisticated ABS system ensure shorter braking distances and segment-leading performance. Larger vented front and rear brake rotors, stiff dual-piston calipers and long-life brake pads contribute to enhanced pedal feel, reduced brake noise and predictable, linear brake response. A Bosch 8.0 next-generation four-channel ABS system is standard. The ABS system works with the standard StabiliTrak electronic stability control system with traction control. It incorporates rollover mitigation – software algorithm technology that uses sensors to proactively predict vehicle 'tip-up,' and applies appropriate brake forces to help prevent such events.
Enhanced driving control and ride smoothness are offered with the available Autoride real-time damping system (standard on Denali), which uses electronically controlled shock absorbers to make nearly instantaneous damping adjustments. The system 'reads' the road and anticipates the best damping rates. Eighteen-inch wheels are standard on Yukon and Yukon XL 2WD models, with 17-inch wheels standard on 4WD. Twenty-inch wheels are available – including a chrome-clad design. The tires are tailored to the vehicles to provide excellent balance of handling, quietness and safety. Yukon HD comes standard with 17-inch wheels, while the Yukon Denali lineup is equipped with 20-inch wheels.Safety features
The Yukon and Yukon XL offer a 360-degree perimeter safety system of occupant protection and crash avoidance technologies. Standard features include head curtain side air bags for all seating rows and front-seat safety belt pretensioners that are linked to the vehicle's sensing system to provide segment-exclusive deployment in rear-end crashes. These features are integrated into a stronger vehicle structure that is also designed for improved compatibility with other vehicles.
The head curtain air bags include design features that provide increased rollover protection and occupant containment. Sensors located at the front of the vehicle, in the side doors, and within the occupant compartment provide increased and more immediate crash detection. The vehicle's sensing system provides segment-exclusive capability to deploy front seat safety belt pretensioners during certain rear-end collisions, enhancing the belt system's ability to hold the occupants firmly in place.
The head curtain side air bag system incorporates one of the segment's first rollover indication sensors, which is located on the vehicle's center tunnel in the occupant compartment. The sensor monitors the vehicle's acceleration and roll rate. If these signals indicate an impending rollover, the roof-mounted head curtain side air bags deploy to provide an extra measure of occupant protection and containment. These head curtain side air bags stay inflated longer than air bags developed only for side impacts because rollover incidents can last longer. The deployment duration and other design features of the head curtain air bags combine to provide increased occupant protection and the ability to help keep occupants inside the vehicle.
• Standard StabiliTrak stability control system with traction control and rollover mitigation technology
• Standard dual-stage driver front air bag
• Standard dual-stage outboard-front passenger air bag with passenger sensing system
• Standard head curtain side air bags for all seating rows
• Standard front seat safety belt pretensioners with rear-impact deployment capability
• Standard tire pressure monitoring system
• Available Últrasonic rear parking assist that can detect certain stationary objects in the rearward path of the vehicle and send an audible warning sound (standard on SLT and Denali models)
• Available rearview camera system designed to provide the driver with a view of people or objects in the rearward path of the vehicle
• Standard pull-up/push-down power window switches
• Available voice-assisted navigation system
• Available Side Blind Zone Alert system (SLT and Denali)
• OnStar 9.0 with Automatic Crash Response.Source - GMC