The Iconic Jeep® Brand: Celebrating 70 Years of the Authentic SUV
• with distinctive, premium special Anniversary Edition models
• Entire Jeep vehicle lineup significantly enhanced for 2011
Jeep® – one of the world's few, true icons – is celebrating its 70th anniversary in 2011. To mark the occasion, the Jeep brand is creating distinctive, unique 70th Anniversary Edition models of each vehicle in its lineup.
'The Jeep brand's legendary heritage and capability have made it iconic – well-known and loved throughout the world,' said Mike Manley, President and CEO – Jeep Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. 'Since they were first produced in 1941, Jeep vehicles have been the authentic benchmark for off-road capability, having mastered more terrain, led more adventures and provided drivers more freedom than any other vehicle before or since.
'As part of our celebration of the 70th Anniversary of the Jeep brand, we are creating stunning, premium special-edition models of each vehicle in our lineup that pay homage to the history of the legendary Jeep brand,' Manley added.
2011 Jeep Compass 70th Anniversary Edition
All Jeep 70th Anniversary Edition models will arrive in showrooms in the first quarter of 2011, and all will be available in a unique Bronze Star exterior paint, in addition to Bright Silver and Black.
The Ú.S. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of the Jeep Compass 70th Anniversary Edition starts at $24,270 (plus $700 destination). It is available on Compass Limited models. Features include:
• Únique, 18-inch aluminum wheel
Engine : 2.4 L., 4-cylinder
Power: 172 hp
Torque: 165 ft-lbs
5-speed Manual, CVT
• 70th Anniversary badge
• Dark Slate seats with perforated leather inserts embossed with Jeep logo and Chestnut accent stitching and piping
• Berber floor mats and cargo area with Chestnut binding
• Únique dark green cluster overlay
• Chestnut stitching in steering wheel
• 70th Anniversary logo on radio screen Source - Jeep