Aston Martin & colette Collaborate on Bespoke Cygnet City Car
• Aston Martin and colette confirm limited edition ‘Cygnet & colette' city car
• Commissioned by colette and hand-crafted by Aston Martin Works Tailored
• Strictly limited to 14 bespoke examplesGaydon, 21 June, 2011
- Aston Martin has joined forces wîth Parisian fashion authority colette to produce the strictly limited edition; ‘Cygnet & colette' luxury city car.
To celebrate the collaboration, 14 examples of the ‘Cygnet & colette' city car will be hand-crafted via the company's ultimate personalisation service; Aston Martin Works Tailored which offers limitless options personalised precisely to customer specification through the marque's world famous Works Service facility.
The Aston Martin design team worked closely wîth their counterparts at colette to create the striking limited edition which features Lightning Silver paint wîth exclusive colette blue styling details including a race collection inspired front bumper and bonnet livery, mirror caps and diamond turned road wheels. The Bitter Chocolate themed interior takes inspiration from colette's mascot Oscar, the chocolate-brown Labrador.
The Works Tailored team has created unique ‘Cygnet & colette' elements including:
• Stainless steel hand formed and engraved door handle badges
• ‘Cygnet & colette' branded hand enamelled boot badging manufactured by homas Fattorini
• Quilted Alcantara sun visors to complement the quilted leather door and seat inserts
• Hand trimmed, quilted colette blue leather occasional cushions for the rear seats
• ‘Cygnet & colette' branding on satellite navigation start up
• A unique ‘Cygnet & colette' key ring machined from solid aluminium wîth blue enamelling
| ||Vital Stats|
Aston Martin Director of Design, Marek Reichman said: 'Aston Martin and colette are both cool brands that successfully blend modernity and innovation. It made perfect sense to work together and create this limited piece of automotive fashion for the city.
'The colette car is the first of the exclusive ‘Cygnet &' collaborations. These cars will give Aston Martin a relevant platform to reach out to new customers in urban areas.'
Elegant and distinctive, individual and practical, the Aston Martin Cygnet is the ultimate Tailor-Fit solution for city living. Launched in May 2011 wîth first customer orders arriving at European dealers now, Cygnet is hand-crafted for the city and like every Aston Martin it can be uniquely personalised to suit individual taste and style, bringing a new level of luxury and bespoke capability to city cars.
Since opening its doors 14 years ago in March 1997, colette has reinvented the concept of retail, becoming a Parisian landmark. The state of the art store is the first stop for many visiting the French Capital thanks to the incredible selection of exclusive, unusual and beautiful luxury items.
This bespoke Cygnet is an expression of colette's values and style and the perfect choice for city driving. It comes wîth a selection of goodies to ensure that every trip is fun and to pass the time in the traffic including candies, a Wallpaper* Paris guide, a custom Sigg bottle to stay hydrated and the latest colette compilation CDs.'
The colette team focussed on materials, colours and styling to create its limited edition Cygnet demonstrating the extent to which an individual or organisation can tailor any Aston Martin to their own personal exacting taste wîth the company's Works Tailored programme.
Orders for the 14 ‘Cygnet & colette' pieces can be placed through the colette store in Paris for delivery by the end of the year. Prices start from €48,995.Source - Aston Martin