2012 Dodge Grand Caravan: America's Best-selling Minivan Is now the Most Affordable With New American Value Package and a Starting U.S. MSRP of $20,995
• New Dodge Grand Caravan offers the most affordable minivan in America – starting Ú.S. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of only $20,995 (excluding destination)
• Creator of the minivan continues to innovate with industry-exclusive Super Stow ‘n Go seating, which can be easily operated with one hand in a matter of seconds
• Pentastar 3.6-liter V-6 provides best-in-class 283 horsepower without a penalty at the gas pump
• More than 40 safety and technology features consumers expect and a 5-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty provide peace of mind
September 1, 2011 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan continues to lead the segment it created. New for 2012, Dodge is offering a new American Value Package (AVP), which makes the best-selling minivan ever the most affordable minivan with a starting Ú.S. Manufacturers' Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $20,995 (all prices exclude destination).
'More than 27 years ago, Dodge created a revolution by launching the first minivan, and through continued innovations like our industry-exclusive Super Stow ‘n Go Seating, we've remained the leader ever since,' said Reid Bigland, President and CEO, Dodge Brand — Chrysler Group LLC. 'Now for 2012, we are introducing our next revolution – the new American Value Package, which offers seven passenger seating, seven standard airbags and best-in-class storage for less than the price of a typical mid-size car at only $20,995.'
The 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan will be available in five models for 2012 that fit almost any lifestyle and budget: the AVP, SE, SXT, Crew and R/T. Every model across the Dodge Grand Caravan range features added value for 2012.
• The American Value Package (AVP), with a starting Ú.S. MSRP of $20,995, includes the standard 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 with 283 horsepower and six-speed automatic, air conditioning, anti-lock brakes (ABS), electronic stability control (ESC), seven airbags, second-row Super Stow ‘n Go seating and storage system, third-row Stow 'n Go, power windows, locks and mirrors, remote keyless entry, cruise control and much more
Engine : 3.6 L., 6-cylinder
Power: 283 hp
Torque: 260 ft-lbs
• The SE has been repositioned by $1,000 to a starting Ú.S. MSRP of $22,995
• At a starting Ú.S. MSRP of $26,495, the Dodge Grand Caravan SXT is the only minivan in America priced less than $30,000 to include the functionality of power dual sliding doors, power liftgate and power-adjustable pedals. The Grand Caravan SXT model now includes $1,800 in no-extra-charge equipment, including dual power sliding doors, power liftgate, power-adjustable pedals, segment-exclusive Super Console and Stow 'n Place™ roof rack system
• The Grand Caravan Crew adds 17-inch aluminum wheels, bright chrome exterior accents, 6.5-inch touchscreen media center and backup camera, eight-way power driver's seat, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter, Sirius XM Satellite radio, ambient interior lighting and automatic temperature control, to name a few
• The Grand Caravan R/T includes a very distinctive monochromatic exterior and unique 17-inch aluminum wheels, premium black leather interior with red accent stitching, nine speakers with amplifier and subwoofer, a unique suspension and more
• The Grand Caravan Crew and R/T models also include $820 in no-extra-charge equipment for 2012, including remote start, power liftgate and security alarm. Added value can also be found in the available DVD rear entertainment system
Industry-exclusive Stow 'n Go® seating can be easily operated with one hand in a matter of seconds
The Dodge Grand Caravan features industry-exclusive Super Stow ‘n Go seating with new easy one-touch operation and more comfortable seats. The second row in the Dodge Grand Caravan can be effortlessly stowed in less than 5 seconds with just one hand. And when not stowed, only Dodge Grand Caravan allows secure storage in the second row in-floor bins. Also standard on all Grand Caravan models is the 50/50 split-folding third row Stow ‘n Go seating. Only Grand Caravan can so effortlessly be transformed from hauling seven passengers to hauling cargo in a matter of seconds.
New for 2012 are a new Sapphire Blue interior lighting scheme and an available quad leather seat option for R/T models. A heart of gold
At the heart of the 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan is the award-winning 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine mated to a smooth-shifting six-speed automatic transaxle. This engine was named a '10 Best Engines' by Ward's Automotive. In the Grand Caravan, the Pentastar V-6 delivers a best-in-class 283 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque.
Dodge Grand Caravan also features a driver-selectable fuel economizer mode. Drivers can change the transaxle shift schedule with the flip of a switch to maximize their fuel economy. In addition, lower-rolling resistance tires, a spoiler and reduced mechanical drag all contribute to Dodge Grand Caravan's class-leading aerodynamics and excellent fuel economy. Even with the potent V-6 powertrain, Grand Caravan still manages to deliver an impressive fuel economy rating of 25 miles per gallon (mpg) on the highway.
R/T is where versatility meets performance and attitude. Úniquely designed both inside and out, the Dodge Grand Caravan R/T features a suspension tuned for sporty handling, while still providing a comfortable ride. The shocks were re-tuned to work in conjunction with the higher rate springs at all four corners. These changes allow for quicker responses to driver input, and tighter handling characteristics.Form gladly follows function
Grand Caravan's design is intended to convey the dynamic driving nature of the vehicle. A front fascia that sports the Dodge signature 'split crosshair' grille and quad headlamps combine to give the face of the 2012 Grand Caravan an aggressive feel. A sculpted rear fascia and liftgate and rear 'ring of fire' LED taillamps completes the look from front to back.
The latest innovation from the minivan leader is the Stow ‘n Place™ roof rack system that lets owners stow the roof bows in the side rails when they're not using them and snap them easily into place when needed. The ability to stow the roof bows when they're not being used means less aerodynamic drag and wind buffeting and better overall efficiency.Premium interior design
Owners will step inside to a world-class interior. A modern, one-piece instrument panel is intuitive for the customer with instinctive ergonomics and large gauges, with premium bright accents and soft-touches throughout. An available 'super' center console provides clever functionality and storage for the active commuter, as well as easy driver/passenger access with a pass-through storage space for larger items, like a purse.
A three-spoke steering wheel with integrated controls for audio, navigation and speed control also offers a minivan-first heated steering wheel option. The best storage in the segment rounds out the improved interior.More than 40 safety, security and technology features keep families safe and connected
Safety and security features include standard front seat-mounted side air bags, a driver-side knee blocker air bag, three-row side-curtain air bags, electronic stability control (ESC), tire pressure monitoring and remote keyless entry. The available Safety Sphere Package of features includes ParkSense® rear park assist system, ParkView® rear backup camera, Blind-spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path detection system, rain-sensitive wipers and automatic headlamps.
With class-leading cargo capacity, best-in-class power, 100,000-mile powertrain warranty and segment-exclusive Super Stow ‘n Go, the 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan truly is the industry's most versatile cargo and passenger vehicle. And with pricing now starting at an affordable $20,995 MSRP, it's also the most affordable.
For 2012, the Dodge Grand Caravan is available in seven paint colors: Bright Silver Metallic, Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl, Redline Pearl, Stone White, Dark Charcoal Pearl, and new for 2012 colors True Blue and Copperhead Pearl.
The 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan will be built at the Windsor Assembly Plant in Windsor, Ontario, Canada, and will arrive in showrooms in the third quarter.Source - Dodge