The New Audi A4 and S4 for 2013 Model Year
• Audi presents the re-designed A4 and S4 models
• The allroad quattro returns to the Ú.S. for the first time in 7 years
• Highest levels of integrated connectivity and driver assistance systems in the segment with Audi connect
Audi brings intelligent technologies, efficiency, exhilarating driving dynamics, state-of-the-art infotainment and new design elements to the best-selling Audi A4 series for the 2013 model year. Now in its eighth generation, the Audi A4 – known for its progressive design, sportiness and efficient performance – is available in Sedan and sporty S4 models, and – making its re-entry into the Ú.S. market – the iconic Audi allroad quattro.
The chassis of the A4 is striking with its sporty precision, high ride comfort and superior safety. Aluminum components of the five-link front suspension and the trapezoidal-link rear suspension provide responsive handling and are optimized to reduce weight. The electromechanical power steering is new in all models of the series and requires no energy for straight-ahead motion, thereby reducing emissions of up to 11g/mile. In addition, it is lighter than the previous hydraulic steering system further improving efficiency through its reduced weight.
Exclusive to Audi, the A4 model also features Audi drive select, a system that adjusts the vehicle's transmission shift characteristics, throttle response, and dynamic steering. On the S4, the Audi drive select system can also control the adaptive damping suspension and quattro sport differential. Audi drive select offers 27 distinct driving configurations, allowing drivers to configure vehicle drive characteristics exactly to their liking with their choice of Comfort, Auto, Dynamic or Individual settings.
The Audi A4 series has a striking new exterior design with accentuated horizontal lines, arched engine hood, tapered upper corners of the single frame grill, and three-dimensionally highlighted cross ribs and Audi rings. The A4 has redesigned bumpers with angular air inlets, revised grille, and rectangular front fog lights. The allroad quattro is easily recognizable with its flared wheel arches, vertical chrome struts in the grille, and round fog lights. The headlights have also been redesigned both in terms of their exterior shape and the arrangement of the lighting elements. The unmistakable LED daytime running lights have been redesigned and make the A4 instantly recognizable.
The interior of the A4 models has also been refined, with reconfigured climate and infotainment controls, and exclusive wood inlays. The switchgear, steering wheel, and instrument panel have also been enhanced with chrome and high-gloss applications. The result is a further strengthening of the benchmark interior on the A4.
All interior colors – except black – have been re-coordinated and the upholstery range has been revised with Fine Nappa leather. Inlays are now available in Aluminum Trigon, Walnut dark brown, fine grain Ash natural, and layered Oak. The interior of the S line sport package comes in black, refined with high-quality applications. 17-inch wheels are standard on the A4, 18-inch wheels are standard on the S4 and allroad, and 19-inch wheels are optional on all carlines.
The A4 Sedan's luggage compartment has 17 cubic feet of space, and 34 cubic feet with the seats folded down. The A4 allroad quattro has 28 cubic feet of space and 50 cubic feet with the seats folded down, respectively. An electrically-operated tailgate is available for the allroad.
Audi offers several advanced technology features for the A4 family, including adaptive front lighting and Audi side assist, which monitors the space behind and beside the A4 by radar and detects any vehicles in the neighboring lanes. Driving in the A4 is also enhanced by the optional Driver Assistance package, which features adaptive cruise control that keeps the A4 at a constant distance from the preceding vehicle, active lane assist, and dynamic steering. Dynamic steering varies the effort as well as the steering ratio. Active lane assist allows the steering to help maintain lane discipline should the driver begin to sway outside of the lane markings without setting the turn signal.
Audi is the first company worldwide to feature factory-installed wireless internet, enabling the innovative infotainment system called Audi connect. Previously available in the A6, A7, A8 and Q7, Audi connect will now be available on all A4 models, making Audi the only brand worldwide to feature this level of integrated connectivity in the B segment.
With Audi connect, the onboard MMI® Navigation system is enhanced with Google Earth maps and real-time SiriusXM Traffic information, for a true aerial view of the route. Audi connect also features real-time localized weather, news and live fuel prices; Google Local Search for detailed information about travel destinations, such as restaurant or hotel hours, pricing and customer reviews; the myAudi Destination feature, which allows registered users to log on to Google Maps from any location and download up to 50 destinations to the vehicle; and a rolling Wi-Fi hotspot, allowing up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices to simultaneously use the wireless connectivity. Engine
- 2.0 liter TFSI engine with 211 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque (A4 and allroad)
- 3.0 liter TFSI engine with 333 horsepower and 325 lb-ft of torque (S4) Powertrain
- Continuously variable multitronic transmission is standard on the A4 sedan
- Six-speed manual transmission is standard on the A4 quattro and S4 sedans
- Seven-speed S tronic transmission is optional on the S4
- Eight-speed tiptronic transmission is standard on the allroad and optional on the A4 quattro sedan
- quattro permanent all-wheel drive is standard on the S4 and allroad, and available on the A4 sedan
Source - Audi
Engine : 2.0 L., 4-cylinder
Power: 211 hp
Torque: 258 ft-lbs
Engine : 3.0 L., 6-cylinder
Power: 333 hp
Torque: 325 ft-lbs
8-speed Automatic, CVT, 6-speed Manual, 8-speed Tiptronic
- Sporty precision, high ride comfort and superior safety
- Audi drive select with choice of Comfort, Auto, Dynamic or Individual settings
- 17-inch wheels standard on A4, 18-inch wheels standard on S4 and allroad, 19-inch wheels optional on all car lines
- New design with accentuated lines, arched engine hood, tapered upper corners of the single frame grille, and three-dimensionally highlighted cross ribs and Audi rings
- Redesigned headlamp and tail lamp designs; available Xenon plus headlights and LED daytime running lights & taillights
- New paint finishes for A4, including Scuba Blue metallic & Volcano Red metallic; new paint finishes for S4 include Prism Silver crystal effect and Misano Red pearl effect
- New LED license plate lighting
- New steering wheels with chrome and high-gloss inlays; high-gloss applications and slender chrome trim at the controls
- Modified wiper and signal stalks, and ignition key
- Re-coordinated interior colors and revised upholster range, with Fine Nappa leather replacing Silk Nappa leather on S4
- New inlays: Layered Oak, and fine grain Ash natural (matte finish)
- Audi offers advanced technology features, including Audi side assist and adaptive front lighting. Also available is the Audi Driver Assistance package, including adaptive cruise control with stop & go, active lane assist and dynamic steering
- Factory-installed wireless internet, enabling features such as Audi connect for real-time weather, traffic, news and live fuel prices. First introduced in the A7, A4 models will be first in the segment with factory installed internet connectivity.
The Audi A4 was recently named a Top Vehicle for Commuters by AAA. Top vehicle picks are selected by AAA Auto Buying experts who test drive and evaluate hundreds of vehicles each year for their fuel efficiency, comfort and overall performance. The 2013 Audi A4 – praised for its beautiful finish, superior handling and overall driving pleasure – was named a winner in the 'sedan' category.
'Audi prides itself on delivering state-of-the art design, technology and safety in all of our vehicles,' said Mark Del Rosso, Chief Operating Officer, Audi of America. 'We're pleased that the Audi A4 has been recognized by AAA as a top vehicle for commuters.'
The 2013 Audi A4 boasts an athletic, elegant exterior and refined interior. Dynamic hood lines, reconfigured bumpers with angular air inlets, sleek headlamps and new LED daytime running light design give the A4 a dynamic look, while optional static halogen cornering lamps make the car's segment-leading adaptive front lighting system even more illuminating for the driver. Inside, the 2013 Audi A4 features reconfigured climate and infotainment controls, exclusive wood inlays and chrome and high-gloss trim applications.
The 2013 Audi A4 features the groundbreaking turbocharged 2.0-liter, four-cylinder, TFSI® engine, which provides 211 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque with an EPA estimated fuel efficiency of 24 city/ 31 highway/ 26 combined MPG. The chassis of the A4 is striking with its sporty precision, high ride comfort and superior safety. To ensure exceptional grip on wet or dry roads, the A4 offers the available quattro® all-wheel drive system.
Aluminum components in the front and rear suspension provide responsive handling and are optimized to reduce weight. The electromechanical power steering reduces emissions up to 11g/mile. In addition, the steering system is lighter than the previous generation further improving efficiency through its reduced weight.
The 2013 Audi A4 features the award-winning infotainment system Audi connect®, which enhances the driving experience by providing the benefits of access to information and content, when needed, through interfaces that are designed for the in-vehicle environment. Audi is the first company worldwide to feature factory-installed wireless Internet, allowing up to eight wireless devices to be connected at once. With Audi connect, the onboard Audi MMI Navigation system is enhanced with Google Earth™ maps and real-time SiriusXM® Traffic information for a true aerial view of the route.
Audi connect also features real-time localized weather, news and live fuel prices; Google™ Local Search for detailed information about travel destinations, such as restaurant or hotel hours, pricing and customer reviews; and the myAudi Destination feature, which allows registered users to log on to Google Maps™ from any location and download up to 50 destinations to the vehicle.Source - Audi