Even More Capability for the Two Pillars of the Jeep® Brand
• Jeep capability reaches new heights with Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and Wrangler Moab models
• Grand Cherokee Trailhawk first shown as concept last Spring; quickly developed enthusiast following
• Trailhawk is the most capable Grand Cherokee ever: solid steel rock rails, Goodyear Silent Armor all-terrain tires and standard Jeep Selec-Terrain and Quadra-Lift suspension systems
• New Wrangler special edition pays homage to popular enthusiast off-roading venue; boasts winch-ready steel bumpers, rear limited-slip differential and available rear locker September 4, 2012 , Auburn Hills, Mich.
- The best get even better… Jeep® Grand Cherokee and Jeep Wrangler – winners of the last two prestigious 'Four Wheeler of the Year' awards from Four Wheeler magazine for their unmatched level of capability – will be available in two new, even more capable models for 2013.
The Jeep brand is introducing the new Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and Wrangler Moab editions, both of which feature off-road equipment never before offered on a production Jeep vehicle.
'With the Wrangler and Grand Cherokee, Jeep offers the most capable SÚVs on the planet,' said Mike Manley, President and CEO – Jeep Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. 'The new Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and Wrangler Moab models take our legendary Jeep capability to new heights, offering even more off-road features and performance, without sacrificing everyday comfort and drivability.
'We introduced Grand Cherokee Trailhawk as a concept at the Moab Easter Jeep Safari earlier this year and it quickly drew rave reviews among enthusiasts,' Manley added. 'The Wrangler Moab delivers rugged off-road features such as winch-ready steel bumpers, upgraded rock rails and an available rear-locker in a package that pays tribute to our most diehard Jeep enthusiasts and the off-road playground they love.'
The limited-edition Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and Wrangler Moab models arrive in showrooms in October. Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
For 2013, Jeep announces the production version of the Grand Cherokee Trailhawk first seen as a concept at the 2012 Easter Jeep Safari in Moab, Útah. The Grand Cherokee Trailhawk is evidence that even the most awarded SÚV ever, and the most capable Grand Cherokee ever, can get even better.
The 2013 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk is available with a V-6 or V-8 engine and includes the following capability-enhancing equipment:
• 18-inch Goodyear Silent Armor all-terrain tires with Kevlar reinforcement
• Solid steel rock rail body protection
• Quadra-Lift air suspension, with nearly 11 inches of ground clearance
• Selec-Terrain traction control system with five settings: Snow, Rock, Sand/Mud, Sport and Auto
• A Rear Electronic Limited-slip Differential (ELSD, V-8) that can transfer up to 100% of engine's torque to one rear wheel in order to keep the Jeep moving forward even in the most extreme situations
• Quadra-Track II or Quadra-Drive II (V-8) with a two-speed transfer case to help conquer the toughest obstacles
Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk is easily recognized with new signature red Trailhawk and Trail Rated badging and tow hooks, black-surround headlamps and a unique gray on the grille surround, side mirrors, rear light bar, 4x4 badge and five-spoke 18-inch aluminum wheels. A black hood decal with a red accent stripe helps reduce glare from the sun which can help the driver in extreme off-road situations.
Trailhawk-specific interior touches include black leather and performance suede seats with red accent stitching and Mopar slush floor mats front and rear.
The 2013 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk is available in Bright White, Brilliant Black, Mineral Gray, Maximum Steel and Deep Cherry Red.Jeep Wrangler Moab Special Edition
To kick off the 2013 model year, Jeep Wrangler debuts a limited-edition model named after one of the most popular off-road destinations in the world – Moab, Útah – home of the annual Moab Easter Jeep Safari. The Jeep Wrangler Moab is based on the premium Sahara model and is equipped with hardware that off-roading enthusiasts desire.
Off-road modifications to the Wrangler Sahara model to create the Moab edition include 17-inch Rubicon alloy wheels painted gloss black and wearing new 245/75R17 Goodyear Silent Armor off-road tires with Kevlar reinforcement, a standard Trac-Lok anti-spin rear differential with an available electronic rear locking differential, winch-ready steel bumpers and premium rock rails. When equipped with a manual transmission and a 3.73 rear axle ratio, Wrangler Moab has a crawl ratio of 45:1.
Other unique exterior features on the Wrangler Moab include a unique Mopar power dome hood, black fuel filler door and tail lamp guards. Also included are Wrangler's new-for-2013 premium soft top, black wheel arches, matte black Jeep grille badge and 'Moab' decals on the hood. A body-color three-piece hard top is optional.
Interior modifications include black or saddle premium leather seating with black stitching on the newly-designed 2013 Wrangler seats, 'Moab' embossed instrument panel grab handle, Mopar slush mats and Iron Gray trim on the vent rings, grab handles and steering wheel spokes.
The Jeep Wrangler Moab is available as a two-door Wrangler or four-door Wrangler Únlimited model and is offered in Crush, Dozer, Rock Lobster, Gecko, Black and Bright White exterior colors.Jeep Brand
Built on more than 70 years of legendary heritage, Jeep is the authentic SÚV with class-leading capability, craftsmanship and versatility for people who seek extraordinary journeys. The Jeep brand delivers an open invitation to live life to the fullest by offering a full line of vehicles that continue to provide owners with a sense of security to handle any journey with confidence.
The Jeep vehicle lineup consists of the Compass, Grand Cherokee, Liberty, Patriot, Wrangler and Wrangler Únlimited. To meet consumer demand around the world, all six Jeep models are sold outside North America – and all are available in right-hand drive versions and with gasoline and diesel powertrain options. Chrysler Group LLC sells and services vehicles in approximately 120 countries around the world.Source - Jeep