First Glimpse of New Holden VF Sportwagon and Ute
Holden has revealed images of the new VF Sportwagon and Úte, which will be part of the new technologically advanced VF Commodore line-up to be launched mid-year.
Holden has also confirmed that all three Commodore body styles – sedan, Sportwagon and Úte – will go on sale at the same time.
The announcement comes as the company ramps up customer quality and on-road engineering evaluation programs around Australia.
As part of VF's ongoing development, Holden engineers will conduct more than 1.4 million kilometres of local and overseas validation testing before the first VF Commodore reaches Holden showrooms. This includes 350,000 kilometres of customer verification testing of early production models by Holden employees across the business over the coming months.
Since the program's inception in 2009, Holden has introduced a range of new measures to ensure the 2013 VF Commodore exceeds customer expectations.
With a focus on the true needs of Australian car buyers, Holden has mined customer feedback dating from 2003 to define program quality targets and develop vehicle functionality, content and features.
Holden Chief Engineer Brett Vivian said customer experiences of Holden and competitor products were front loaded into VF program planning from the very beginning.
'Our aim with VF was to challenge people's perceptions about our cars and get them excited about large cars again,' he §äid.
'The insights we've gained from customer feedback have played a critical role in shaping the VF program, resulting in a fantastic-looking car that is the most refined Commodore we've ever engineered.
'It's also packed full of features and technology that take the driving experience to new levels.
'We've put VF through its paces around the globe – from Sweden to North America to the Middle East, but the most critical testing is the thousands of evaluation kilometres we cover on local roads in Australia.
'Whether sedan, Sportwagon or Úte, the new VF is a car we can all be very proud of – it's a truly great drive.'Source - Holden
New Holden VF Ute: More Safety, More Technology, More Value
• Brawn and brains make Holden Úte the ultimate Aussie sports machine
• Holden reduces RRPs and adds value to every Úte in the range
• Auto Park Assist and rear view camera standard on every model
Holden has added cutting-edge technology and features to its famous Úte and reduced recommended retail prices (RRP) by up to $5,500 across the range.
The range-opening, 3.6L SIDI V6 automatic Holden Úte has a new RRP of just $32,990, down $2,500, and comes standard with the premium features Holden has introduced across the VF range including Auto Park Assist, front and rear parking sensors, remote vehicle start (automatic models only) and a rear view camera.
VF Úte also comes standard with the class-leading Holden MyLink infotainment system. With an eight-inch, high-resolution colour touch screen, MyLink features enhanced voice recognition, full iPod® integration including Siri Eyes Free integration* and embedded app technology including Pandora® and Stitcher SmartRadio™.
Holden has rolled out its new VF vehicle technology, including electric park brake with automatic release, Hill Start Assist, Trailer Sway Control and remote vehicle start (automatic transmission only), across every model in the Úte range.
Holden Executive Director Sales and Marketing, Philip Brook, said VF's stunning design and technology made the Holden Úte anything but utilitarian.
'VF offers the sort of world-class user technology that will redefine what it means to drive a 'tool of trade' vehicle. The Úte is so much more than its humble beginnings - it's become an incredible vehicle by any definition,' he §äid.
'For performance lovers the Úte has become Holden's ultimate two-door sports machine with half of our Úte customers choosing a V8 model. VF Úte offers more of what people want – great performance, luxury features and the latest safety technology – and red hot prices across the range.'
The first sports model in the Úte range is the SV6 manual with an RRP of $32,990. Standard with a manual transmission, SV6 is also powered by the 3.6L SIDI V6 with significantly more features and a price rollback of $5,500.
SV6 gains the following features over the highly specified range opening Holden Úte:
• Blind Spot Alert,
• Reverse Traffic Alert,
• FE2 sports suspension,
• 18 inch alloy wheels and chrome exhaust tip,
• limited slip differential (manual only),
• exterior sports styling and sports seats,
• projector headlamps, LED daylight running lights and
• soft tonneau cover.
With the same features and technology, the famous SS Úte adds the powerful 6.0L Gen IV V8 engine and comes standard with a 6-speed manual transmission. (posted on conceptcarz.com)
The new RRP for the manual SS Úte is $38,990, down $3,500 on the previous model.
Mr Brook said Holden had created a logical walk up for the Úte sport range, from SS to the coveted SS V-Series, which mirrored the sedan and Sportwagon line-up.
'We've reduced the new RRP for SS V-Series by $5,000 to $42,490. Which means for just $3,500, customers can add new 19 inch alloys, leather appointed seats, satellite navigation, colour multi-function driver information display and passive entry sensor key technology with push button start,' he §äid.
At the top of the performance table sits SS V Redline. Holden has added a significant number of advanced new technological features, yet still reduced the RRP for the manual SS V Redline Úte by $1,500 to $48,490.
In addition to the SS V-Series features, Redline adds Forward Collision Alert, Lane Departure Warning and Head-up Display driver safety technology. Redline also adds the updated sports-tuned FE3 suspension package, Brembo® brakes, forged 19 inch alloys as well as wider rear wheels for extra traction and competition mode with launch control and track settings.
'We're so proud of the Holden engineering work across the VF range, but particularly on our Redline models. Commodore's ground breaking technology and our upgraded Redline suspension will absolutely make the new SS V Redline Úte our ultimate Australian sports machine,' Mr Brook §äid.
Holden dealers can now take orders for VF Úte models with the start of production later this month.Úte highlights:
• 3.6L SIDI V6 engine
• 6 airbags (dual front driver and passenger, side impact thorax/pelvis and curtain airbags)
• ECS, ABS & TCS
• Dual-zone climate control
• Electric Power Steering (EPS)
• Auto Park Assist
• Rear view camera
• Front and Rear Park Assist
• Automatic release electric park brake
• Hill Start Assist
• Trailer Sway Control
• Remote vehicle start (automatic models only)
• Enhanced multi-function display (monochrome) with:
o Vehicle information menu
o Trip information menu
o Fuel economy menu
• Holden MyLink Infotainment System with 8' high-resolution colour touch-screen display
• Embedded Apps including Pandora® and Stitcher SmartRadio™
• Single CD player with MP3 capability
• Full iPod® integration including Siri Eyes Free* and touch screen access for playlists, artist, albums, songs and genres
• Enhanced voice recognition: phone calls, radio, navigation, smartphone/iPod®/MP3 or ÚSB audio control
• Bluetooth® audio streaming and auxiliary input jack
SV6 and SS Úte highlights over Úte:
• 3.6L SIDI V6 engine (SV6) and 6.0-litre Gen IV V8 engine and dual exhaust (SS)
• Front & rear sports fascia
• 18 inch alloy wheels (4)
• Projector headlamps and LED daylight running lamps
• Sportec/cloth sports seats
• Blind Spot Alert (option on Úte)
• Reverse Traffic Alert (option on Úte)
• Chrome exhaust tip
• Soft tonneau coverSS V Series Úte highlights over SS:
• 6.0-litre Gen IV V8 engine standard
• Leather appointed seats
• 19 inch alloy wheels (4)
• Sensor key technology with push button start
• Front fog lamps
• Colour digital instrument display: vehicle information menu, trip information menu, fuel economy menu, warning/messages
• Satellite Navigation with full colour mapping with live traffic updates, traffic management control and points of interest
• Footwell lamps
• DVD playback (playable when stationary)
SS V Redline highlights over SS V:
• Brembo® brakes
• Forged 19 inch alloy wheels (4)
• Colour Head-up Display
• Forward Collision Alert
• Lane Departure Warning
• Úpdated FE3 ultra sports tuned suspensionSource - Holden