Lexus IS F CCS-R To Rumble in 2013 NASA 25-Hours of Thunderhill™ Race
• 2013 marks the first year of participation for Lexus brand
• Lexus Thunderhill Team includes three champion drivers, Jeff Westphal, Ken Dobson and Tom DyerTORRANCE, Calif., (Nov. 19, 2013)
– Lexus gives new meaning to the phrase 'driving in to the sunset' with its first-ever participation in the 2013 National Auto Sport Association (NASA) 25-Hours of Thunderhill™ race in Willows, Calif. A team of three professional drivers will pilot the experienced IS F CCS-R race car for the duration of the endurance race which takes place Dec. 7-8. The race, held annually at Thunderhill Raceway Park, is considered the longest endurance road race in North America.
The Lexus Thunderhill team includes:
• Jeff Westphal: Leader of the Lexus team at Thunderhill. Jeff is well-known for setting nearly a dozen track records at tracks all over the country and has been one of the quickest drivers in his class in previous 25 Hours of Thunderhill.
• Ken Dobson: A local Northern Californian and three-time class winner of the 25 Hours of Thunderhill. An endurance racer by heart, the long-time competitor has raced American Le Mans Series (ALMS), Grand-Am, World Challenge along with National Auto Sport Association (NASA) and Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) club racing.
• Tom Dyer: A full-time competitor during the past couple seasons in the Grand-Am Continental Tire Challenge series in the ST and GS categories. He earned his first series win earlier this year at the Mid-Ohio round.
The IS F CCS-R is Lexus' most prized race car, having competed in two Pikes Peak International Hill Climbs. The IS F CCS-R is a fast, lightweight version of the stock IS F and rides on staggered 18-inch Motegi Trak-Lite wheels (18x9 +24 front and 18x10 +55 rear) with Toyo® Proxes® RS1 tires (245/640R18 front and 285/650R18 rear). It features an eight-speed Sport Direct Shift automatic transmission and a head-turning orange mica exterior paint job, finished with a carbon fiber hood and other carbon fiber pieces.
Source - Lexus
For more details on the 25-Hours of Thunderhill race, visit http://www.nasa25hour.com/.