2015 CADILLAC SRX CONNECTIVITY ENHANCED WITH ONSTAR 4G LTE
Cadillac SRX offers a roomy interior, wîth seating for five and a large cargo area. Its design is classic Cadillac, wîth luxury that touches every aspect of the vehicle, from the technology-drenched dashboard and high-performance powertrain to the exclusive comfort and convenience features designed to surpass expectations.
For 2015, OnStar wîth 4G LTE and standard built-in Wi-Fi hotspot provides a mobile hub for drivers and passengers to stay connected. The hotspot is on whenever the car is on and comes wîth a three-month/three-gigabyte data trial.
SRX is offered in a base model and three option collections: Luxury, Performance and Premium, wîth all-wheel drive offered on all but the base model. All are powered by a direct-injected 3.6L V-6 rated at an SAE-certified 308 horsepower (230 kW) and 265 lb-ft of torque (358 Nm). It is matched wîth the Hydra-Matic 6T70 six-speed automatic transmission, which features a driver-selectable Eco feature that alters the shift points for up to 1-mpg improved fuel economy in normal driving conditions.SRX design and exterior features
Cadillac's luxury crossover is distinguished by striking angles and refined details, while its signature shield grille offers expressive depth. Flanking the grille are Cadillac's iconic vertical headlamps, wîth light pipe technology and available adaptive forward lighting technology that turns the lamps in the direction of the front wheels.
Light pipes also provide a glow to the front fender vents of the SRX, as well as the vertical taillamps. The SRX has a wide stance, minimal overhangs and wheels pushed to corners. Eighteen-inch wheels are standard on the Base and Luxury Collection and 20-inch wheels are standard on Performance and Premium Collections.Additional standard and available exterior features include:
• High-intensity discharge headlamps wîth adaptive forward lighting system are standard on Performance and Premium Collections
• Halogen headlamps wîth Twilight Sentinel feature are standard on Base and Luxury Collections
• Fog lamps are standard on Performance and Premium Collections
• Power liftgate is standard on Luxury, Performance and Premium Collections
• Heated and power-adjustable outside mirrors are standard on all models, wîth power-folding and driver-side auto dimming features standard on Luxury, Performance and Premium Collections
• Rainsense automatic windshield wipers are standard on Luxury, Performance and Premium Collections
• Chrome roof rails are standard on Luxury, Performance and Premium Collections
• Eighteen-inch aluminum wheels are standard on the Base model
• Eighteen-inch aluminum wheels wîth bright machined finish are standard on the Luxury Collection
• Twenty-inch aluminum wheels wîth bright machined finish and painted accents are standard on Performance and Premium Collections
• Twenty-inch chrome aluminum and polished aluminum wheels are available on Performance and Premium Collections.
Ten exterior colors are offered: Cocoa Bronze Metallic, Majestic Plum Metallic, Radiant Silver Metallic, Black Raven, Crystal Red Tintcoat and Platinum Ice Tricoat, Graphite Metallic, Silver Coast Metallic, Terra Mocha Metallic and Sapphire Blue Metallic.SRX interior features
The SRX's interior is defined by Cadillac's signature blend of luxury and technology, centered on Cadillac's CÚE (Cadillac Úser Experience). Rich, saturated tones complemented by premium accent materials reflect contemporary lifestyles.
While CÚE is the foundation for the SRX's enhanced driving experience, it is complemented wîth additional features and design refinements inside the vehicle, including:
• Standard HD radio
• Bluetooth audio streaming is available for all collections
• A ÚSB port in the storage bin behind the CÚE faceplate
• The center console features an additional ÚSB port, an auxiliary input jack and a 12-volt power outlet
• Headphones and remote designed for the rear-seat entertainment system, which also includes a rear ÚSB port and SD card slot.
For a quieter driving experience, the SRX offers active noise cancelation, which uses microphones to detect ambient noise, the frequencies of which are processed by a computer that directs counteracting sound waves through the audio system to tailor the sound quality and character inside the cabin.
Additional interior features returning for 2014 include:
• SiriusXM Satellite Radio wîth three-month trial service is standard on all models
• Bose® premium eight-speaker audio system is standard on base models and the Luxury collection; a Bose 10-speaker Centerpoint Surround Sound system is standard on the Performance and Luxury Collections – and available on Luxury
• Tri-zone automatic climate control is standard on the Premium Collection and dual-zone automatic climate control is standard on Base, as well as the Luxury and Performance Collections
• Keyless access is standard on the Luxury, Performance and Premium Collections
• Ambient lighting package is standard on the Luxury, Performance and Premium Collections
• Auto-dimming inside mirror wîth OnStar controls is standard on the Luxury, Performance and Premium Collections
• Adjustable pedals are standard on the Luxury, Performance and Premium Collections
• Rearview camera system is standard on the Luxury, Performance and Premium Collections
• Front bucket seats wîth power eight-way driver's adjustment are standard on all models
• Heated front seats are standard on the Luxury, Performance and Premium Collections
• Heated rear outboard seats are standard on the Premium Collection
• Rear seat wîth 60/40-split and pass-through is standard on all models
• Leather-trimmed §teering wheel is standard on all models
• Heated §teering wheel is standard on the Luxury, Performance and Premium Collections and includes Sapele wood on §teering wheel, shift knob, center stack and doors
• ÚltraView power sunroof is standard on the Luxury, Performance and Premium Collections
• Cargo management system and cargo shade are standard on the Luxury, Performance and Premium Collections.
Base models receive leatherette seating offered in Ebony wîth Ebony accents or Light Titanium wîth Ebony accents. Luxury, Performance and Premium Collections include leather seating offered in four color/trim combinations: Ebony wîth Ebony accents, Light Titanium wîth Ebony accents, Caramel wîth Ebony accents and Shale wîth Brownstone accents.Cadillac CÚE and new OnStar wîth 4G LTE
Standard on the SRX, CÚE pairs entertainment and information data from up to 10 Bluetooth-enabled mobile devices, ÚSBs, SD cards and MP3 players wîth a vehicle infotainment system that reduces complexity through customized information, voice commands and fewer buttons and larger icons. The comprehensive, in-vehicle experience is designed to be unique for each consumer, from the 'simple user' to the fully connected 'super user.'
At the heart of CÚE, the vibrant, eight-inch LCD multi-touch sensitive screen – wîth proximity sensing and haptic feedback – is seamlessly integrated in the top of the central instrument panel. It displays CÚE's home page, which resembles a smartphone screen, wîth large, easy-to-target icons that execute commands. Capacitive technology on the screen and faceplate enables consumers to use the same 'swipe,' 'pinch' or 'spread' gestures common to most popular smartphones and tablets.
A motorized faceplate for the system reveals a concealed storage area for smartphones or other mobile devices and includes an illuminated ÚSB port. CÚE's vibrant LCD screen resembles a smartphone's screen, wîth large, easy-to-target icons to execute commands. A navigation system is also available wîth the Luxury Collection and is standard wîth the Performance and Premium Collections.
The CÚE screen is also the display for the rear-view camera that's standard on the Luxury, Performance and Premium Collections.
Complementing CÚE to enhance the SRX's connectivity is new OnStar wîth 4G LTE and standard built-in Wi-Fi hotspot. It provides a mobile hub for drivers and passengers to stay connected. The hotspot is on whenever the vehicle is on and comes wîth a three-month/three-gigabyte data trial.
4G LTE is the most current and fastest mobile data network – 10 times faster than 3G and 100 times faster than the previous generation of OnStar hardware. And wîth OnStar, it also offers stronger, broader coverage than smartphones on the same network and it's easy to use: If the vehicle is on, the connection is on.
At the time of purchase, six months OnStar Directions and Connections includes all of OnStar's advisor-based safety and security features, including Automatic Crash Response and Stolen Vehicle Assistance, as well as Turn-by-Turn navigation. (posted on conceptcarz.com)
Five years of OnStar Basic Plan includes RemoteLink Key Fob Services, allowing owners to remotely start and lock/unlock a car (if properly equipped), and activate the horn and lights from anywhere wîth a data connection. It also includes OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics which runs monthly checks of a vehicle's engine, transmission, anti-lock brakes and more, and Dealer Maintenance Notification, which sends a diagnostic report directly to a preferred dealer, simplifying service scheduling.SRX powertrain
Performance is integral in the SRX, which is powered by a 3.6L direct-injected V-6 rated at an SAE-certified 308 horsepower (230 kW) and 265 lb-ft of torque (359 Nm). Lightweight features help reduce overall weight for greater efficiency and a more favorable front-to-rear weight balance. Examples include a composite intake manifold that saves approximately 5.5 pounds (2.5 kg) over the weight of a comparable aluminum intake and an integrated cylinder head/exhaust manifold design that saves approximately 13 pounds (6 kg) per engine.
The Hydra-Matic 6T70 six-speed automatic transmission is matched wîth the engine. An available all-wheel-drive system incorporates an electronic limited-slip rear differential, which not only improves traction in slippery road conditions but provides side-to-side torque transfer along the rear axle to enhance control during hard cornering.SRX chassis and suspension
Drivers will appreciate the SRX's four-wheel independent suspension system along wîth its standard rack-and-pinion hydraulic §teering system – and variable-effort, speed-sensitive §teering system – wîth tuning biased for sport sedan-style driving and strong on-center feel. StabiliTrak electronic stability control is standard and works in concert wîth the standard four-wheel-disc/four-channel-ABS braking system.Additional features include:
• An independent MacPherson strut suspension system is standard on all models, featuring a direct-acting stabilizer bar and hydraulic ride bushingsSource - Cadillac
• An independent 'H-arm' rear suspension incorporates a lightweight hollow stabilizer bar
• Power-assisted rack-and-pinion §teering is standard on Base and the Performance Collection
• Power-assisted variable-effort and speed-sensitive rack-and-pinion §teering system is standard on the Performance and Premium Collections
• Rear axle ratio is 3.39 on all models
• A trailering package is available on the Luxury, Performance and Premium Collections and increases the towing capacity to 3,500 pounds (1,587 kg).
Cadillac SRX provides a standard NHTSA 5-Star overall crash safety rating, the highest safety rating available.
In addition, Cadillac provides available advanced safety in the based on Cadillac's 'control and alert' strategy that employs advanced technologies – including radar, cameras and ultrasonic sensors – to help prevent crashes. The safety features bolster driver vision and awareness of road hazards, and can even assist to help the driver avert potential crashes. In certain situations, Cadillac's advanced crash-avoidance systems, such as automatic braking, can pre-fill and automatically apply braking in response to potential hazards.
Among the most sophisticated of the features is front and rear automatic braking. It relies on radar, camera and ultrasonic technology to help the driver prevent front and rear low-speed collisions via a progression of alerts that extend to complete braking, if necessary.
Many of the advanced safety features are bundled in the Driver Awareness and Driver Assist Packages. The Driver Awareness package is standard wîth the Premium Collection and available on Luxury and Performance. It includes:
• Safety alert seat
• Forward collision alert
• Lane departure warning
• Intellibeam® high-beam control.
The Driver Assist package is available on the Luxury, Performance and Premium Collections. It includes all of the Driver Awareness package content, plus:
• Adaptive cruise control
• Automatic collision preparation
• Front and rear automatic braking.
StabiliTrak electronic stability control system wîth traction control, and four-wheel disc brakes wîth four-channel ABS are also standard, along with:
• Dual-stage frontal and side-impact driver and right-front passenger air bags
• Head-curtain side-impact air bags
• Rollover mitigation sensors
• Front safety belt pretensioners and load limiters.
Additionally, a rearview camera is standard on the Luxury, Performance and Premium Collections.
The SRX is also designed to meet European pedestrian protection standards, wîth the front bumper positioned for greater compatibility wîth car bumpers.