Ford Fusion Energi, the first plug-in hybrid midsize sedan for Ford and available through Ford Certified EV Dealers, adds new color Shadow Black and available paint protection film by 3M. The treatment covers the hood, front fascia, lower rocker panels, door edges and rear fascia edge.
The 2016 Ford Fusion Energi is available in two trim levels: SE and Titanium.
The plug-in capability of the 2016 Ford Fusion Energi means the lithium-ion battery can be fully charged easily overnight in approximately seven hours using the standard 120-volt convenience charging cord. For faster charging — in about 2½ hours — a 240-volt charging option is available.
The state-of-the-art lithium-ion battery and electric motor combined with the gasoline engine offers maximum efficiency. This strategy offers the best of both worlds, providing the 2016 Ford Fusion Energi the capability to be driven as an electric vehicle for short trips and as a hybrid for longer trips.
Ford Fusion Energi is produced at Ford's Hermosillo, Mexico, manufacturing facility.
• Capable of hitting a top speed of up to 85 mph in electric-only mode
• Inflatable rear safety belts available for both SE Luxury and Titanium trim levels
• New exterior color – Shadow Black
• Charged through a port on the driver's side; when the car is plugged in and charging, a light ring illuminates and makes it easy to determine how much power the battery contains
• Also new is available paint protection film by 3M. The treatment covers the hood, front fascia, lower rocker panels, door edges and rear fascia
2.0-liter Atkinson-cycle I-4 engine and electric motor, 188 combined horsepower, 129 lb.-ft. torque Transmission:
Electronically controlled continuously variable transmission Series:
SE, TitaniumSource - Ford