|Concours d'Elegance of America at St. John's : Best of Show|
The Concours d'Elegance of America, established in 1978, featured over 300 significant automobiles on the beautiful green at the Inn at St. John's in Plymouth, Michigan. This year's featured classes included Vintage Bentley, Auto Show '55, Bonneville Streamliners, and Dream Cars of the 1980s.
Best of Show winners at the 37th annual Concours d'Elegance of America was awarded to a 1929 Duesenberg Model J owned by Charles Letts, Jr. of Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, and a 1937 Bugatti 57...[Read more...]|
|ROCKERBOX MOTOFEST MOVES TO ROAD AMERICA DURING AHRMA VINTAGE MOTORCYCLE CLASSIC WEEKEND|
|ELKHART LAKE, Wis., February 13, 2014 -- Wisconsin's premier motorcycle show, The Rockerbox Motofest, featuring an eclectic mix of Euro, Japanese and American vintage café racers, choppers, sport bikes, racing machines, super motos, scooters, and sidecars is making an official move for the future. Instead of its usual Milwaukee home, the event is making the trek 60 miles North to America's National Park of Speed as part of Road America's American Historic Racing Motorcycle Association (AHRMA) ...[Read more...]|
|Low Mileage Collectables offered at Fort Lauderdale Auction|
|• Auctions America kicks off its 2014 collector car calendar March 14-16 in Fort Lauderdale
• Leading recent entries are fantastic low mileage examples including a 2005 Ford GT, a 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, a 1954 Chevrolet Corvette and a 1967 Chevrolet Corvette 427/435 Coupe
• Additional vehicle highlights include a 1973 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona, a 1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1 and a 1935 Hudson Terraplane driven by Johnny Depp in the movie 'Public Enemies'
• Regarded as South Florida's pre...[Read more...]|
|RM Auctions Lifts Gavel On Charlie Thomas' Texas-Sized Collection of Automobiles|
|• RM Auctions further expands its 2012 calendar with the addition of 'The Charlie Thomas Collection', a single-day, single-vendor sale to be held in Dallas, Texas, October 20, 2012
• Auction features a superb assortment of more than 150 collector cars, all offered without reserve
• Sale further consolidates RM's reputation as the specialist for private and estate collection auctions
RM Auctions, the world's largest collector car auction house for investment-quality automobiles, is delighted...[Read more...]|
|The world-renowned ‘Old Bill' Comes to Market|
|The world-renowned 'Old Bill', which has featured in every book ever written about the incomparable Brough marque, ticks all the above boxes and just about every other one too. It has been consigned by H&H for auction as part of the Roger Allen Collection at the company's Duxford sale on October 4. However, it can be viewed as early as April 28/29 at the International Classic Motorcycle Show, Stafford. It carries an estimate of £250,000-270,000.
The motorcycle originally known as 'Spit & Pol...[Read more...]|