|Ferrari 250 LM Leads Series of Million-Dollar-Plus Sales at RM's Friday Monterey Session|
|• RM kicks off 2014 Monterey auction with 15 individual million-dollar-plus sales
• Top-seller: 1964 Ferrari 250 LM, certified by Ferrari Classiche, brings $11,550,000
• Additional highlights include a 1965 Ford GT40 Roadster Prototype for $6,930,000 and two Mercedes-Benz models which set new auction records
• Auction continues Saturday, August 16 with an additional 62 blue-chip collector cars
MONTEREY, California (August 16, 2014) – A purebred 1964 Ferrari 250 LM, used exclusively...[Read more...]|
|RM SOTHEBY'S TO OFFER THE EX-FANGIO, EX-WORKS FERRARI 290 MM IN NEW YORK CITY...|
| ||RM SOTHEBY'S TO OFFER THE EX-FANGIO, EX-WORKS FERRARI 290 MM IN NEW YORK CITY: ONE OF THE WORLD'S MOST HISTORIC AND VALUABLE SPORTS RACING CARS
• RM Sotheby's secures ex-works 1956 Ferrari 290 MM by Scaglietti, chassis 0626, for its 'Driven by Disruption' sale, December 10 in New York City
• Built for racing legend and five-time World Champion Juan Manuel Fangio to compete in the 1956 Mille Miglia, 0626 was driven by the 'Who's Who' of motorsport in period
• Career highlights includ...[Read more...]|
|Scuderia Ugolini: 1959 Formula One Season|
| ||While the name Ferrari is recognized the world-over, Ugolini, on the other hand, is only a name recognized by those very knowledgeable of motor racing and football. However, the name is nearly as vitally important to the world of motor sport. In 1959, the name was well-known and well-respected. Today, however, it is a name without any meaning.
Nello Ugolini's career would be overshadowed by many of those in which he associated. Still, his would be a life spent chasing passions and living ful...[Read more...]|
|REVERED FERRARI 250 LM LEADS SUPERLATIVE ROSTER OF ITALIAN SPORTS CARS AT RM'S FLAGSHIP MONTEREY SALE|
|· RM Auctions announces a legendary 1964 Ferrari 250 LM by Scaglietti as the latest multi-million-dollar highlight for its flagship Monterey sale, August 15–16 in California
· 250 LM leads a superb roster of no less than 26 Ferraris at RM's two-day sale; additional new entries include a 1953 250 Europa and a 1963 400 SA LWB Coupe Aerodinamico Series II
· RM joins in Maserati's 100th anniversary celebrations, presenting no less than four examples from the luxury Italian ma...[Read more...]|
|1970 United States Grand Prix: Hopes Renewed by 'Emerson Who?'|
|It would be a chaotic and ghastly sight. The twirling Lotus mass carried with it another of a brotherhood of drivers that were both very successful and wildly popular. It was another loss for Team Lotus. It was terrible when Jim Clark was lost, but Jochen Rindt's passing would be more than the team could bear. It seemed all hope had gone. But then there would be a young Brazilian, of whom most of the world was ignorant. However, all of that would change one day in the fall of 1970.
Emerson Fi...[Read more...]|
|1965 24 Hours of Le Mans: A Cool Head in the Face of a New Threat|
|Heading into the 1965 24 Hours of Le Mans it had become clear Ford was intent on taking the fight to Ferrari. Ford would spare no expense to take the fight to the company it had intended to buy. Ironically, the North American Racing Team would enter a Ferrari that would include the talented Jochen Rindt to help quell the storm. It would prove to be the wall necessary to provide Ferrari its last victory at Le Mans.
Ford had made his declaration of intent to remove Ferrari from its throne as th...[Read more...]|