|Ferrari 250 LM Leads Series of Million-Dollar-Plus Sales at RM's Friday Monterey Session|
|• RM kicks off 2014 Monterey auction with 15 individual million-dollar-plus sales
• Top-seller: 1964 Ferrari 250 LM, certified by Ferrari Classiche, brings $11,550,000
• Additional highlights include a 1965 Ford GT40 Roadster Prototype for $6,930,000 and two Mercedes-Benz models which set new auction records
• Auction continues Saturday, August 16 with an additional 62 blue-chip collector cars
MONTEREY, California (August 16, 2014) – A purebred 1964 Ferrari 250 LM, used exclusively...[Read more...]|
|Scuderia Ugolini: 1959 Formula One Season|
| ||While the name Ferrari is recognized the world-over, Ugolini, on the other hand, is only a name recognized by those very knowledgeable of motor racing and football. However, the name is nearly as vitally important to the world of motor sport. In 1959, the name was well-known and well-respected. Today, however, it is a name without any meaning.
Nello Ugolini's career would be overshadowed by many of those in which he associated. Still, his would be a life spent chasing passions and living ful...[Read more...]|
|REVERED FERRARI 250 LM LEADS SUPERLATIVE ROSTER OF ITALIAN SPORTS CARS AT RM'S FLAGSHIP MONTEREY SALE|
|· RM Auctions announces a legendary 1964 Ferrari 250 LM by Scaglietti as the latest multi-million-dollar highlight for its flagship Monterey sale, August 15–16 in California
· 250 LM leads a superb roster of no less than 26 Ferraris at RM's two-day sale; additional new entries include a 1953 250 Europa and a 1963 400 SA LWB Coupe Aerodinamico Series II
· RM joins in Maserati's 100th anniversary celebrations, presenting no less than four examples from the luxury Italian ma...[Read more...]|
|Sports and Racing Rarities Lead Early Highlights For RM's Two-Day Arizona Sale|
|• RM Auctions returns to the Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa in Phoenix from January 16–17 to kick off its 2014 collector car season
• Expanded to two days in 2014, the well-established sale will celebrate its 15th year by lifting the gavel on approximately 120 handpicked motor cars
• Early highlights span the spectrum of the market, led by a superb trio of sports and racing Porsches
• Annual sale kicks off RM's 2014 international auction calendar, which includes the company's highly anticipate...[Read more...]|
|1961 Monaco Grand Prix: Outdueled by a Legend|
|Powering his way around Tabac, Richie Ginther would find that his time had run out. He had doggedly fought and wrestled his way around the tight, twisty streets of Monaco in pursuit of Moss. The British veteran had an answer for everything but it required perhaps the best drive of his life to hold off the undersized American.
Paul Richard 'Richie' Ginther started out his career in racing as a mechanic and preparer of racing cars. One of his friends and customers would be the great Phil Hill. ...[Read more...]|
|1965 24 Hours of Le Mans: A Cool Head in the Face of a New Threat|
|Heading into the 1965 24 Hours of Le Mans it had become clear Ford was intent on taking the fight to Ferrari. Ford would spare no expense to take the fight to the company it had intended to buy. Ironically, the North American Racing Team would enter a Ferrari that would include the talented Jochen Rindt to help quell the storm. It would prove to be the wall necessary to provide Ferrari its last victory at Le Mans.
Ford had made his declaration of intent to remove Ferrari from its throne as th...[Read more...]|