|1954 Ferrari 375 MM Spider To Be Offered At Auction By Mecum In Monterey|
|0362AM Comes to Market Aug. 16 for the First Time in 46 Years
Walworth, WI - July 3, 2014 -- A remarkable lineup of headliners including world-class vintage racers, European sports cars and more is set to rock the Mecum auction block at this year's Daytime Auction in Monterey, Calif., Aug. 14-16. Among the 750 classic and collector cars to be auctioned, marques from around the world will be represented with offerings from Ferrari, Porsche, McLaren, Mercedes-Benz, Duesenberg an...[Read more...]|
|1953 FERRARI 375 MM SPIDER LEADS LATEST HIGHLIGHTS FOR RM'S MULTI-MILLION-DOLLAR MONTEREY SALE|
|• RM Auctions secures a championship-winning 1953 Ferrari 375 MM Spider competition car for its flagship Monterey, California, sale, August 16–17, after single ownership for 45 years
• Also announced are a 1939 Mercedes-Benz 540K Special Roadster, a 1958 Lister-Jaguar 'Knobbly' Prototype, and a 1960 Aston Martin DB4GT
• Sale held during the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance motoring week features no less than 25 automobiles estimated to fetch in excess of $1,000,000 each
• Complete list of en...[Read more...]|
|Luigi Musso: Talented, Tempting and Troubled|
| ||Following Alberto Ascari's back-to-back titles in 1952 and 1953 there have been no Italian Formula One World Champions. While there has been a great amount of hope throughout the years, Italians have been left without a World Champion. Perhaps, it could be argued, all such hopes died with Luigi Musso on the 6th of July in 1958.
Since Ascari there have certainly been some notable Italian drivers within Formula One history books. Such names as Michele Alboreto, Elio de Angelis, Alex Zanardi, Ri...[Read more...]|
|Postwar Ferrari Named Best of Show at 2014 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance|
| ||1954 Ferrari 375 MM Scaglietti Coupe Named 'Best of Show'
PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. (August 17, 2014) -- Excited cheers echoed across the 18th fairway of Pebble Beach Golf Links Sunday when a 1954 Ferrari 375 MM Scaglietti Coupe was named Best of Show at the 64th annual Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. The car, owned by Jon Shirley of Medina, Washington, was the first postwar car to take the top award at the prestigious event in nearly five decades. It was also the first Ferrari to win.
|REVERED FERRARI 250 LM LEADS SUPERLATIVE ROSTER OF ITALIAN SPORTS CARS AT RM'S FLAGSHIP MONTEREY SALE|
|· RM Auctions announces a legendary 1964 Ferrari 250 LM by Scaglietti as the latest multi-million-dollar highlight for its flagship Monterey sale, August 15–16 in California
· 250 LM leads a superb roster of no less than 26 Ferraris at RM's two-day sale; additional new entries include a 1953 250 Europa and a 1963 400 SA LWB Coupe Aerodinamico Series II
· RM joins in Maserati's 100th anniversary celebrations, presenting no less than four examples from the luxury Italian ma...[Read more...]|
|63rd Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance Names 1934 Packard 'Best of Show'|
|The competition showcased 248 cars, including 48 from abroad
PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. (August 18, 2013) -- A 1934 Packard 1108 Twelve Dietrich Convertible Victoria owned by Joseph and Margie Cassini III of West Orange, New Jersey, was named Best of Show at the 63rd Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, held Sunday on the 18th fairway of Pebble Beach Golf Links at Pebble Beach Resorts. The event showcased 248 cars from 36 states and 12 countries and raised $1,277,007 for charity.
'This Pack...[Read more...]|
|Final Countdown Underway To South Florida's Premier Collector Car Auction|
|• Auctions America kicks off its 2013 auction season, March 22-24 with its highly anticipated Fort Lauderdale Collector Car Auction
• Celebrating its 11th year, the multi-day auction features more than 550 quality collector cars
• Latest feature attractions include an outstanding 1963 Shelby Cobra and a 1974 Ferrari Dino 246 GTS
• Digital catalog now available for download at auctionsamerica.com
AUBURN, Indiana (February 27, 2013) – With the final countdown underway to its highly an...[Read more...]|