|WORLD RECORDS TUMBLE AT BONHAMS' INAUGURAL $14-MILLION AMELIA ISLAND AUCTION|
|Pre-war American cars sell strongly while models from Alfa Romeo, BMW and Porsche make world auction records
Amelia Island, Florida – The much-anticipated addition to the Amelia Island Car Week – whose cornerstone is the renowned Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance – was Bonhams' inaugural motorcar auction, held Thursday, March 12th at the Fernandina Beach Golf Club. And what a resounding success it was!
The perfectly situated venue was teeming with motoring aficionados and a l...[Read more...]|
|Pair of Historic Duesenbergs Emerge From Five Decades of Single Ownership for RM Sotheby's Hershey Sale|
|• Fall tradition: RM Sotheby's readies for 10th anniversary Hershey, Pennsylvania sale, October 6-7
• Headline attractions: 'Mexican Model J Duesenberg' and Model A/Y Phaeton Prototype come to market after more than 50 years in single-family ownership
• Coinciding with the AACA's Eastern Division Fall Meet, multi-day auction features some 120 motor cars, with an emphasis on significant American marques
• Frequently updated list of entries available at www.rmsothebys.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario ...[Read more...]|
|Lancia Named 2016 Best of Show|
|PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. (August 21, 2016) — The 2016 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance concluded with first-time entrant Richard Mattei lifting the top prize high overhead soon after his 1936 Lancia Astura Pinin Farina Cabriolet was named Best of Show at the prestigious competition.
When the award was announced, it took Mattei a moment to grasp the accomplishment: 'I was just happy to be an entrant at Pebble Beach—and now to get an award, and not just one, but three!' His Lancia won its cl...[Read more...]|
|Concours d'Elegance of America : Best of Show|
The 38th Concours d'Elegance of America displayed over 300 of the world's most spectacular contributions to automotive history. This year, the event paid tribute to many special features inclduing Ford GT-40s, Body by Dietrich, Rally Cars, Pierce Arrow, 110 years of Lancia, Jet-Age Travel Trucks, and a spectacular assortment of Classics and early Brass Cars.
The days activites ended with naming the winners of Best of Show American and Best of Show Foreign.
|RM Auctions Amelia Island Preview - 2014|
RM Auctions, the world's largest auction house for investment-quality automobiles, will hold its Amelia Island, Florida, sale on March 8th at the Ritz-Carlton.
As the official auction house of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, RM's Amelia Island sale will feature a magnificent selection of more than 80 handpicked automobiles, with an emphasis on important and historic sports and racing cars, along with elegant coachbuilt classics. Full events details, including a frequently ...[Read more...]|
|History Rolls into Hershey for RM's Annual Pennsylvania Sale|
|• Final countdown underway to RM's annual Hershey, Pennsylvania auction, held October 10 – 11 during the historic AACA Eastern Regional Fall Meet
• Two-day sale features 116 vehicles, with an emphasis on Brass and Classic Era motor cars
• Sale entries led by a rare, award-winning 1933 Chrysler CL Imperial Convertible Roadster
• Auction also features number of vehicles steeped with local Pennsylvania history
• Digital catalogue now available online at rmauctions.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (S...[Read more...]|