2001 MALIBU CARRIES CHEVROLET BANNER IN THE MIDSIZE MARKET
For 2001 the popular Chevrolet Malibu adds functional and equipment improvements that enhance its overall stance as a value leader in the midsize car segment. Malibu brand manager,
Lew Elbert, says: 'Since the new Malibu's introduction in 1997 we've been absolutely committed to providing the best quality, the best package of standard features and the best performance in a midsize sedan — and doing all that with affordability in mind.'NEW FOR 2001
For 2001, Malibu benefits from dozens of enhancements to improve the ownership experience. Some of these details include: new exterior features for the Malibu Sedan like black molded-in-color outside rear view mirrors, black rocker moldings and optional black mudguards — all of which give the car a fresh new look.
Inside, the Malibu Sedan gets stylish new cloth on seats and door panels, a new ebony shift handle and the addition of retained accessory power that allows customers to listen to the radio for as long as ten minutes after the key has been switched off, or until a door is opened. LS models get this retained power feature as standard equipment, along with new cloth treatment and new front seatback map pockets.
Additional 'smart' car features include a delayed headlamp off feature to give customers time to get from their car to their house. Also, the customer can now program the key fob for the available remote keyless entry system to flash the lights or honk the horn to confirm the Malibu is locked or unlocked.
Three new colors freshen Malibu's appearance for 2001: Monterrey Maroon Metallic, Galaxy Silver Metallic and Light Driftwood Metallic.MALIBÚ MODELS AND POWERTRAIN
MALIBÚ STANDARD FEATÚRES
Two sedan models are offered — the Malibu and Malibu LS. Both feature a proven 3.1L V6 engine with sequential fuel injection, aluminum cylinder heads and as much as 170 horsepower and 190 lb-ft of torque. While an electronically controlled 4-speed automatic transmission handles shifting chores, a 4-wheel independent suspension along with big standard 15-inch all-season radial tires and rack-and-pinion power steering give the Malibu great ride and handling capability. Last but not least, standard 4-wheel antilock brakes provide excellent stopping response.
Beyond all of the powertrain and suspension advantages Malibu offers there is a long list of other standard features, such as air conditioning, child security and lock-out protection features, a full gauge package with tachometer, rear seat heating ducts, theatre lighting, tinted glass, tilt steering column, AM/FM stereo radio, battery rundown protection, along with, for 2001, the addition of power door locks and an electric rear window defogger.
Customers who opt for the Malibu LS get all of the above plus additional features such as cruise control, power windows with driver's-side Express-Down feature, custom cloth bucket seats with 6-way power on the driver's side, front and rear body-color mudguards, dual remote electric outside rear view mirrors and 15-inch cast aluminum wheels. The standard LS radio is an AM/FM stereo with compact disc and cassette players, TheftLock™, speed-compensated volume control, auto tone control and Radio Data Systems (RDS) technology.Source - Chevrolet
The Chevrolet Malibu features a 3100 V6 and a standard 4-speed electronic transmission. (posted on conceptcarz.com)
Other highlights include a tri-link suspension and standard 4-wheel antilock brakes. In addition, Malibu is designed to make the driver's ride more enjoyable, with features such as automatic door locks with lockout protection and Remote Keyless Entry personalization (standard on LS, optional on Sedan).New for 2001
• New colors include Monterey Maroon Metallic, Galaxy Silver Metallic, Light Driftwood Metallic
• Enhanced Gold Package (Malibu LS). Includes gold center grille bar, wheel center cap emblems, and interior and exterior gold badging.
• Center cap for aluminum wheel in chrome and gold versions
• Rear, driver-side 'V6' badge
• Black rocker moldings, standard on Malibu Sedan
• Black mud guards, optional on Malibu Sedan
• Rear-window defogger standard on all models
• Malibu Sedan features new cloth on seats
• LS models feature new cloth on seats with new front seatback map pockets (driver and front passenger)
• Radio Data System (RDS) feature is added to cassette, CD and dual playback units
• Power door locks standard on all models
• Dual playback integrated into one unit
• Retained Accessory Power allows radio operation when the key is off for 10 minutes or until the driver door is opened
• 'Personalization' feature when the car is equipped with RKE (Remote Keyless Entry) allows the radio to remember uniquely for each key fob: AM/FM1/FM2 station presets (EQ and tone control for each), last loudness level and last audio source on (tuner/cassette/CD)
• Delayed locking feature with door switch for customer convenience
• Programmable automatic door locking/unlocking for customer preference
• Automatic Light Control Dim-to-Park – feature allows customer to turn off headlamps at night when automatic lighting control mode is in effect; park lamps are on
• Automatic Delayed Headlamp Off – feature provides 20 seconds of headlamp-on operation after key off at night to provide illuminated exit convenience; customer can override with headlamp switch
• Door Locking/Únlocking Confirmation – feature allows programming on or off horn chirp confirmation of door locking via door switch or key FOB, also provides park lamp flash (twice) when locking or unlocking the doors
• New tires and retuned suspension
• Dual internal fan generatorSource - Chevrolet