2002 CHEVROLET BLAZER OFFERS PROVEN CAPABILITY AND VALUE
Chevrolet Blazer, long a hardworking member of the Chevy Truck lineup, represents virtually everything a sport utility buyer could desire in an SÚV.
For 2002, the Blazer will offer two versions: an LS model (two-door and four-door) in the standard configuration and the popular, sporty Xtreme (two-door). The four-door LT model is discontinued, but a leather-seating package is now offered on the LS.
With its capable Vortec 4300 V6, two transmission choices and the available Autotrac four-wheel-drive system on 4x4 models, Blazer can ably adjust to any situation that might arise on the road.
'Blazer's role in the Chevrolet truck lineup has been slightly altered for 2002 with the introduction of the all-new TrailBlazer,' said Russ Clark, Blazer brand manager. 'We have simplified build combinations and model designations to offer Blazer buyers everything they could want in a compact sport utility vehicle, while offering them a lower price range.'
Blazer is positioned between the Tracker and the TrailBlazer in the Chevy sport utility family, giving the division a comprehensive lineup of small to midsize utility vehicles. Clark added: 'Blazer is a tried and true compact SÚV that has experienced strong sales in recent years. With fewer model designations and a lower price point, we can draw even more consumers into the Chevy Truck family, while keeping our loyal customers.'Blazer Xtreme
Last year, Chevy added the two-door, two-wheel-drive Blazer Xtreme to the portfolio. Xtreme blends an aggressive exterior appearance with a special Low-Riding Sport Suspension to bring a new attitude to the Chevy Blazer family.Blazer Xtreme features:
• Z87 Low Riding Sport Suspension
• Aggressive P235/60R16 Eagle LS low profile tires
• Xtreme deep-dish five-spoke aluminum wheels
• Lower body front fascia with fog lamps
• Lower body-side cladding and aggressive wheel flares
• Body-colored grille, bumpers, lower cladding and flares
• Special 'Xtreme' badging
• Deep tint windows
• Leather-wrapped steering wheel
• Heavy-duty weight distributing platform hitch. Maximum towing capacity with manual or automatic transmission is 2000 lbs.
• Available sunroof
• Full range of audio systems available, including Bose Sound System and six-disc CD changerBlazer LS
Blazer LS will be available in two- and four-door and two- and four-wheel-drive configurations. Each Blazer LS offers a convenience group with cruise control, tilt steering, power door locks and windows with electric remote heated exterior mirrors.
Únder the hood, Blazer's highly capable performance comes from its standard Vortec 4300 SFI V6 engine that generates 190 horsepower @ 4400 rpm and 250 lb-ft of torque @ 2800 rpm. Two-door Blazers are equipped with a standard five-speed manual transmission or an Optional four-speed electronic automatic. When situations call for a little extra traction, the available Autotrac four-wheel-drive system automatically shifts power to all four wheels, as conditions require.Fuel efficiency
Safety and security
For improved efficiency, Blazer's fuel management system includes a fuel filler assembly comprised of a multi-layer plastic fuel tank, revised fuel lines and vapor purge lines. Onboard Refueling Vapor Recovery (ORVR) compliance components are available for 2002 to help reduce unwanted emissions. To meet low-emission requirements in various states, a National Low Emission Vehicle (NLEV) system is also available on Blazer.
In addition to its standard antilock brake system and front-passenger air bags, the 2002 Blazer features an Optional programmable auto door lock/unlock feature that allows customers to set the locking and unlocking functions to their preferences. On- or off-road, the Chevy Blazer is a confident performer, thanks to its standard Z85 sporty/firm suspension that accommodates a variety of driving needs.
Blazer for 2002 continues to offer a dependable, well-equipped compact sport utility that's big on driving security in an insecure world.Source - Chevrolet
New For 2002
• Floor mount shift with automatic transmission on two-door models
• Indigo Blue Metallic exterior color for two-door Xtreme
• Optional Stripe Package for the two-door Xtreme features aggressive, wide hood and tailgate stripes in four colors (silver, red, yellow and black)
• Monotone treatment with body colored bodyside moldings, grille and bumpers on four-door LS
• Flat five-spoke aluminum wheels standard in four-door, four-wheel-drive LS
• Úplevel leather Optional group
• Two new colors available on two-door and four-door: Forest Green Metallic and Sandalwood Metallic Source - Chevrolet