2011 CHEVROLET TAHOE: COUNT-ON-IT CAPABILITY MATCHED WITH SURPRISING EFFICIENCY
Chevrolet Tahoe remains a benchmark in the full-size SÚV segment, offering great spaciousness and towing capability, along with a precise driving feel, robust performance and excellent interior refinement. It also delivers surprising fuel economy, with the 2WD model estimated at 21 mpg on the highway.
A fuel-saving Hydra-Matic 6L80 six-speed is standard on all models, enhancing real-world fuel economy on the highway via reduced engine speed. Also, quietness in the interior is enhanced with the lower-rpm engine speed on the highway.
For the ultimate full-size SÚV fuel economy, customers can select the Tahoe Hybrid. It employs GM's patented two-mode hybrid system to deliver a 33-percent improvement in fuel economy in city driving. Chevrolet Tahoe is available in LS, LT, LTZ and Hybrid models, with 2WD and 4WD.
All models are built on GM's full-size SÚV platform that incorporates features such as a fully boxed frame, coil-over-shock front suspension, rack-and-pinion steering and a premium interior that bolsters the vehicle's comfort, quality and capability. Wide front and rear tracks enhance handling and lower the center of gravity for a more confident road feel.
Changes for 2011 include three new exterior colors – Mocha Steel Metallic, Steel Green Metallic and Ice Blue Metallic – and a host of package revisions. Here are the details, per equipment level:Tahoe 1LS:
• Standard rear audio system controls with two headphone jacks
• Standard Bluetooth connectivity
• Standard floor console with storage area
• Standard wood grain interior appearance
• Standard luggage rack center rails
• Standard body-color exterior door handles and mirror caps
• Standard premium-cloth front bucket seats, with 40/20/40 split-bench optional.Tahoe 1LZ:
• Standard chrome recovery hooks on 4WD model
• Standard two-speed transfer case on 4WD model
• Available 20-inch chrome wheel.
Also, the available trailering package now includes the integrated trailer brake controller.Tahoe design
Tahoe features the global face of Chevrolet, with a large Chevy gold bowtie, centered on a twin-port horizontal grille. The body-color grille surround is inset with an argent texture or available chrome finish. Fog lamps and headlamps feature detailed optics. The lower fascia, incorporating the front license plate holder and integrated recovery hooks, is aggressively styled with a skid plate look that enhances Tahoe's rugged, off-road appearance.
An assortment of 17-inch, 18-inch and 20-inch wheels complements Tahoe's sporty appearance. Seventeen-inch wheels and tires are standard, with 18-inch wheels included with the Z71 package and 20-inch factory-installed wheels available (standard on LTZ). The larger wheels give the vehicle a more confident stance.
Tahoe LTZ also offers power articulated running boards. They blend smoothly with the vehicle's design, but automatically move downward and outward when the doors are opened, providing a lower step-in height.
The popular Z71 Off Road appearance package returns for 2011. It includes the Z71 Off Road suspension with high-pressure, gas-charged monotube shocks, 18-inch on/off-road tires, automatic-locking rear differential, front recovery hooks, a durable skid plate and a high-capacity air cleaner. Large, color-keyed fender flares, an aggressive front fascia and satin chrome tubular assist steps, and bright chrome front grille insert provide a distinctive appearance.
Inside, a brushed metal-look replaces wood grain accents for a more rugged appearance. Interior refinement
All Tahoe models are well equipped with enhanced safety, comfort and convenience features. Refinement throughout the spacious interior creates an environment that exudes quality and precision, as well as comfort. A two-tone color scheme offers softer and low-gloss materials for the instrument panel and other trim pieces.
Additional details include LED backlighting for the instruments and chrome accents on instruments and vents. Flush-mounted accessories and controls, such as the climate control/radio center stack, create a seamless, 'single unit' appearance. Also, there are almost no exposed metal hardware or latches, as all models feature enclosing 'close-outs' around the seat bottoms and door sill trim plates. Available features include:
• Power-release fold-and-tumble second-row seat
• Remote vehicle starting system
• Driver information center
• Tri-zone automatic climate control
• First- and second-row heated seats
• Últrasonic Rear Parking Assist
• Rearview camera system
• Touch-screen navigation system
• DVD rear-seat entertainment system with eight-inch screen.Smoothness and quietness
Tahoe features a stiff, fully boxed frame, which reduces vibrations transmitted to the passenger cabin. The strength and accuracy of the frame also enable more precise mounting and tuning of chassis and suspension components, which also help reduce vibration. Even the tires on the large, 17-inch standard and 20-inch available wheels were designed to reduce noise.
Tahoe's quietness and smoothness are complemented by the Autoride suspension system, which is standard on LTZ. This segment-exclusive bi-state, real-time damping system provides an extremely refined ride with greatly reduced body motion. The system consists of a semi-active, two-position damping control system that responds in real time to road and driving conditions, based on body and wheel motion sensors. Safety and security
The Tahoe features a 360-degree perimeter safety system of occupant protection and crash avoidance technologies. Standard features include head curtain side air bags with rollover protection for all seating rows and front-seat safety belt pretensioners that are linked to the vehicle's sensing system to provide segment-exclusive deployment in rear-end crashes.
The roof-mounted head curtain air bags include design features that provide increased rollover protection and occupant containment. These head curtain side air bags stay inflated longer than air bags developed only for side impacts, since rollover incidents can last longer. The deployment duration and other design features of the air bags combine to provide increased occupant protection and the ability to help keep occupants inside the vehicle. Sensors located at the front of the vehicle, in the side doors and within the occupant compartment provide increased and more immediate crash detection. Additional safety and security features include:
Engine : 5.3 L., 8-cylinder
Power: 320 hp
Torque: 335 ft-lbs
• Standard OnStar with a six-month Directions and Connections plan, including Automatic Crash Response, Emergency Services, Crisis Assist, Stolen Vehicle Assistance featuring Stolen Vehicle Slowdown, Turn-by-Turn Navigation, Roadside Assistance and more
• Standard StabiliTrak stability control system with rollover mitigation technology
• Standard dual-stage driver front air bag
• Standard dual-stage outboard-front passenger air bag with Passenger Sensing System
• Standard front seat safety belt pretensioners with rear-impact deployment capability
• Standard tire pressure monitoring system
• Available Últrasonic Rear Parking Assist that can detect certain stationary objects in the rearward path of the vehicle and send an audible warning sound and display via three LEDs on the right D-pillar
• Available rearview camera system designed to provide the driver with a view of people or objects in the rearward path of the vehicle
• Available side blind zone alert
• Standard pull-up/push-down power window switches.*SAE certified.Source - Chevrolet