CHEVROLET IMPALA ENDS CURRENT GENERATION AS A SALES LEADER
A consistently top-seller in the Ú.S. large sedan segment, the Chevrolet Impala has built a reputation for providing large-car roominess, fuel-efficiency, dependability, safety and comfort at a value price.
As Chevrolet prepares to make way for an all-new Impala for the 2014 model year, Chevrolet is offering a Luxury Edition Package on LT retail and fleet models for 2013. It includes front leather seating surfaces, heated driver and front passenger seats, a full year of SiriusXM Satellite Radio and other comfort and convenience features.
The Impala seats up to six with the optional front bench seat and is offered in LS, LT and LTZ models.
The Impala's exterior and interior convey sophistication, roominess and quality.
Family-friendly features such as flip-and-fold rear seats with armrests (standard on LTZ and LT) reveal a storage tub under the seat when the cushions are flipped forward, for stashing items. A generous pass-through from the trunk can be created by flipping the seat bottoms forward and the seat backs flat.
For 2013, Crystal Red Tintcoat, available on LT and LTZ, joins Impala's existing colors of Silver Ice Metallic, Black, Summit White, Victory Red and Ashen Gray Metallic.
Interior colors include Ebony; two-tone Neutral with Ebony door, console and instrument panel trim; and Gray. Impala interior – standard and available features
• Dual-zone climate control on LTZ and LT, with up to 12 degrees F temperature setting difference between the two front zones, provides customized comfort
• S ix-way power driver seat on LS and LT, eight-way driver power seat on LTZ
• Remote vehicle start on LT and LTZ; remote keyless entry on LS
• Standard Bluetooth for hands-free calling (available on fleet models)
• Available power sunroof with sunshade (LT and LTZ)
• Carpeted floor mats
• Power windows with driver express-down and passenger lockout.
Engine : 3.6 L., 6-cylinder
Power: 301 hp
Torque: 265 ft-lbs
Impala offers a choice of audio systems and connectivity features. The standard system is an AM/FM stereo with CD and MP3 playback, seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control, Radio Data System, automatic volume, TheftLock and auxiliary input jack.
The Luxury Edition Package, available on LT and standard on LTZ, adds a Bose eight-speaker audio system and a full year of SiriusXM Satellite Radio.
The Luxury Edition Package also includes front leather seating surfaces, heated driver and front passenger seats, front passenger six-way power seat adjuster, inside rearview auto-dimming rearview mirror, Úniversal Home Remote and outside heated power-adjustable mirrors.
A 3.6L V-6 DOHC direct injection engine with variable valve timing and E85 FlexFuel capability is standard on all Impala models. It is rated 300 horsepower (224 kW) and delivers an EPA-estimated 30 mpg highway. A six-speed automatic transmission also contributes to the Impala's fuel efficiency. Chassis and suspension
The Impala chassis and suspension systems are tuned to provide refined ride and handling. The FE1/FE2 suspensions are standard on LS and LT models. The FE3 suspension is standard on LTZ.
A robust front-end structure provides a firmer foundation to help reduce noise, vibration and harshness, while also enhancing steering and handling performance.
Impala's fully boxed upper frame rail assemblies have a wider, deeper and structurally stronger upper front tie bar. Stronger ties between the upper and lower rails stiffen the front structure for improved ride and handling and a large, lower front-of-dash panel. To reduce resonant sound, it is constructed of Quiet Steel laminated steel, which consists of sound-deadening material bonded between sheets of steel.
All Impala models feature a quiet, efficient power rack-and-pinion steering system that optimizes internal flow of the hydraulic steering fluid within the pump and reservoirs.
The front suspension features a MacPherson strut independent setup with gas-charged struts and a stabilizer bar. Tall jounce bumpers in the front suspension enhance stability and control. The rear suspension uses a trailing arm, tri-link setup with gas-charged struts and coil springs. A rear stabilizer bar is standard on all models.
Impala is equipped with a family of 16- and 17-inch wheels and tires. Impala LTZ is equipped with 18-inch wheels and tires. Safety and crash-avoidance features
Impala provides the outstanding safety performance expected of a family sedan. (concept carz) The 2011 model achieved the federal government's top frontal crash test ratings of five stars. Impala is the only large sedan that includes OnStar, which can automatically send emergency help to a crash.
Safety begins with an enhanced structure that is designed to absorb crash energy and provide a protective 'safety cage' around occupants. Other features include:
• Six standard air bags include side curtain air bags, which provide head protection for outboard passengers in the event of a side-impact or rollover crash
• StabiliTrak electronic stability control system helps reduce the risk of rollover crashes by keeping the vehicle in the driver's intended path by applying throttle, braking or a combination of both
• Standard four-wheel-disc brake system featuring smooth, quiet operation, longer pad life and more resistance to brake pulsation
• Improved steering control while braking due to standard anti-lock brakes. The system also includes Electronic Brake Force Distribution, which helps provide optimum braking regardless of load, traction or braking speed
• Pretensioners minimize forward movement during a collision, and are standard on the front safety belts. Load-limiting retractors cinch the belt more tightly
• Standard remote keyless entry system provides a second function for the red panic button. Drivers can use it to locate their cars without sounding the panic alarm. OnStar details
Six months of OnStar Directions and Connections service is standard on Impala. OnStar is the global leading provider of connected safety, security and mobility solutions and advanced information technology.
OnStar's RemoteLink Mobile App allows smartphone users to control vehicle functions, access vehicle information and send directions directly to the vehicle. A new, opt-in service called FamilyLink allows subscribers to stay connected to loved ones by checking the location of their vehicle online or by signing up for vehicle location alerts.
Impala also features new OnStar button icons. Drivers will notice an updated look for the Hands-Free Calling button, blue OnStar button and red Emergency button.Source - Chevrolet