The new 2014 Audi R8 is officially on sale as of April 11th, 20132014 Audi R8 model line pricing released; Tony Stark back in Audi R8 for Iron Man 3 premiere on May 3rd, 2013
Offering uncompromised performance and unmistakable design, the new 2014 Audi R8 model represents the pinnacle of Audi performance with the top up or down. The R8 has established itself as an icon in the short time since its introduction in 2008. The new 2014 Audi R8 is more dynamic and powerful than ever and is officially on sale as of April 11th, 2013.
The new Audi R8 has been further optimized thanks to numerous improvements, including an available new seven-speed S tronic transmission that improves the 0-60 mph time by 0.3 seconds on the R8 V10 Plus. The new S tronic transmission also significantly improves comfort through smoother gear shifts and greater efficiency. New full-LED headlamp design continues to give the R8 an unmistakable presence while standing still and at speed on the road or the track.
At the top of the range is the new R8 V10 Plus Coupe with 550 horsepower and 398 lb.-ft. of torque. Equipped with the available S tronic, it catapults from zero to 60 mph in 3.3 seconds and can achieve a top speed of 196 mph. It weighs approximately 130 lbs. less than the R8 V10 due to ceramic brakes, carbon fiber side blades, front splitter, rear diffuser, and spoiler; a smaller fuel tank; manual Alcantara® seats and reduced sound insulation in the engine bay.
The interior receives beautiful diamond-stitch leather seats as well as an available flat-bottom multi-function steering wheel among other improvements. 'The launch of the R8 represented the turning point of the Audi brand and placed luxury on notice,' said Scott Keogh, President Audi of America. 'The 2014 R8 will continue to build upon that success for our halo sports car and for the Audi brand as a whole.'
Source - Audi
Tony Stark, played by actor Robert Downey Jr., will once again be back in the Audi R8 as his car of choice. Iron Man 3 debuts in movie theatres across the country on May 3rd, 2013.
- Three engine variants including new V10 Plus model
- New seven-speed S tronic® dual-clutch transmission adds performance and comfort
- Manual 6-speed gated shifter available on all models
- R8 V10 Plus weighs 130 lbs. less than V10 due to the use of carbon fiber side blades, front splitter, rear diffuser and spoiler; a smaller fuel tank; manual Alcantara seats, ceramic brakes and reduced sound insulation in engine bay
- R8 Spyder available with V8 and V10 engines
- R8 V10 Plus available as a coupe onlyLineup Changes Include:
- Seven-speed S tronic® transmission
- V10 Plus model (Coupe only)
- Larger shift paddles
- Wave disc brakes on V8 and V10; ceramic brakes on V10 Plus
- New full LED headlight & taillamp design
- Available diamond-stitched leather interior, perforated sport steering wheel
- Round exhaust finishes, newly designed side mirrors
- Sepang Blue matte (V10 Plus only)
- Chrome, Aluminum & high gloss Black elements in the interior
- New wheel designs, new R8 name badge throughoutSource - Audi
The new 2014 Model Year Audi R8
• Audi optimizes performance halo model for 2014 model year
• New S tronic® transmission delivers greater performance, comfort and efficiency
• Three engine variants including new top-of-the-range V10 plusHERNDON, Va., April 9, 2013
– Offering uncompromised performance and unmistakable design, the 2014 Audi R8 models represent the pinnacle of Audi performance and defines what is technically possible in a sports car with the top up or down. The R8 has established itself as an icon in the short time since its introduction in 2008. The new 2014 Audi R8 is more dynamic and powerful than ever by mating a newly developed seven-speed S tronic® transmission to three engine variants.
The 2014 Audi R8 has been further optimized thanks to numerous improvements, including a new seven-speed S tronic transmission that improves the 0-60 mph time by 0.3 seconds on the R8 V10 Plus. The new seven-speed S tronic double-clutch transmission also significantly improves comfort through smoother gear shifts and greater efficiency.
At the top of the range is the new R8 V10 Plus with 550 horsepower and 398 lb.-ft. of torque. Equipped with the available S tronic, it catapults from zero to 60 mph in 3.3 seconds and can achieve a top speed of 196 mph. It weighs approximately 130 lbs. less than the R8 V10 due to ceramic brakes, carbon fiber side blades, front splitter, rear diffuser, and spoiler; a smaller fuel tank; manual Alcantara® seats and reduced sound insulation in the engine bay.
The Audi R8 V10 with the S tronic completes the 0-60 mph sprint in 3.4 seconds and generates 525 horsepower with 391 lb.-ft. of torque. It has a top speed of 195 mph. The Audi R8 V8 FSI® produces 430 horsepower and 317 lb.-ft. of torque. In combination with the seven-speed S tronic, it accelerates from zero to 60 mph in 4.2 seconds on its way to a top speed of 186 mph. All Audi R8 models are fitted with the standard gated 6-speed manual transmission or the new S tronic transmission as an option. New waved brakes that reduce weight and improve brake cooling are also now fitted to the R8 V8 and V10. Ceramic brakes are standard on the V10 Plus for greater performance and reduced weight demanded by track enthusiasts.
The R8 delivers true race-winning technology by sharing more than 50% of its parts with the GT customer- racing version of the R8. The V10 engine as well as the all-aluminum ASF® deliver exceptional performance characteristics that have won all of the major 24 hour races such as at Daytona and the famed Nuerburgring to mention only a few.
To further enhance the Audi R8 design, several aesthetic changes were made throughout the vehicle. Some of the most noticeable changes are the newly designed full-LED headlights that are now standard on all R8 models, the hexagonal Singleframe® grille, new side mirrors and the large, round tailpipes.
The R8 embodies Audi's full expertise in an ultra-lightweight design. The aluminum body with the ASF) weighs less than 500 lbs. for the Coupe and Spyder models. The R8 V8 Coupe with manual transmission registers just 3,583 lbs. on the scales, while the open-top sports car weighs 3,638 lbs. Adjustable bucket seats with glass fiber reinforced plastic (GFRP) chassis, less use of insulating materials, special light alloy wheels and chassis components, including the V10 Plus standard ceramic brakes contribute to lowering the weight.
For the Spyder models, opening and closing the roof takes only 19 seconds and can be operated up to 31 mph. The V8 and V10 are available as Coupe or Spyder models, while the V10 Plus is available as a Coupe only.Interior
The interior continues to be designed around the monoposto driver-oriented cockpit. The most prominent additions for the 2014 Audi R8 are the available high-quality diamond-stitch leather seats. The flat-bottom rim of the optional, more contoured R8 leather-covered multifunction sports steering wheel bears the new R8 badge, which also appears at the gearshift lever, on the door sill trims, in the instrument cluster and on the start screen of the on-board monitor.
Source - Audi
Engine : 4.2 L., 8-cylinder
Power: 430 hp
Torque: 317 ft-lbs
7-speed Manual6-speed Manual
Thermal-resistant leather is used for seats in the Spyder, which lowers the surface temperature by up to 68 degrees on hot, sunny days. The R8 features advanced technologies for which Audi has become known, including the available Audi MMI Navigation plus, and an available Bang & Olufsen® Sound System. The Bluetooth® microphone of the Coupe and Spyder is integrated into the seatbelt to minimize wind noise while speaking via the Bluetooth system.