2014 CHEVROLET IMPALA LIMITED POLICE VEHICLE IS A CAPABLE, ACCOMPLISHED PERFORMERVehicle Highlights
- 3.6L V-6 with 302 hp / 225 kW and EPA-rated 17 mpg city / 28 mpg highway
- StabiliTrak stability control includes performance mode and traction control
- 140-mph certified analog speedometer and driver information center
- 170-amp alternator
- 100-amp ignition-controlled main power supply under dash and in trunk
- 17-inch steel wheels with high-speed-rated Goodyear tires
With proven credentials, the Chevrolet Impala Limited Police Vehicle maintains its reputation as an efficient performer in the field. The Impala Limited has a standard 3.6L V-6 that delivers 302 horsepower (225 kW), an EPA-estimated fuel economy of 17 mpg city / 28 mpg highway and many features that effectively aid law enforcement officers on the job.
For 2014, the Impala Limited Police Vehicle is available in police patrol (9C1) or undercover police packages (9C3). It combines large-car utility with midsize agility, along with power, roominess and style. Police-specific equipment includes battery run-down protection; electrical wiring harnesses; and lockout protection, which prevents the power door locks from locking the driver's door when the keys are in the ignition. StabiliTrak stability control is standard includes performance mode and traction control.
Additional vehicle highlights include:
• Front cloth bucket seats, with space between seats for police equipment
• 140-mph certified analog speedometer and driver information center
• 170-amp alternator
• 100-amp ignition-controlled main power supply under dash and in trunk
• 17-inch steel wheels with high-speed-rated Goodyear tires.
Impala Limited's performance tops other manufacturers' V-6-powered police vehicles, including the Taurus-based Ford Police Interceptor (non-EcoBoost models) and Dodge Charger. In fact, during the Michigan State Police's annual benchmark evaluation of police vehicles (2013 models), Impala Police topped competitors with:
• A quicker 0-60 time of 7.2 seconds
• A quicker 0-100 time of 18.3 seconds
• A quicker quarter-mile time of 15.6 seconds
• A faster top speed of 149 mph.
• Daytime running lamps and automatic headlamps are standard
• Daytime running lamps and automatic headlamps can be deleted
• Flashing light system for headlamps and taillamps is available
• Spotlamps and spotlamp provisions are available
• Exterior color choices: Black, Summit White, Silver Ice Metallic and Ashen Gray Metallic.Interior highlights
• Bucket seats with high-density foam, six-way power adjustment and seatback security panel
• Air conditioning is standard
• AM/FM stereo with CD player is standard
• Inoperable inside rear door handles, door locks and windows are available
• Cruise control is standard
• Common fleet key system is available
• 'Certified' speedometer is standard
• Flashing trunk lid warning lamps are available
• Auxiliary dome light is available
• Dome light and courtesy light made inoperative are available
• Remote keyless entry is standard
• Remote vehicle starting system is available
• Lamp, horn and siren wiring packages are available
• Jet Black is the standard interior color.Performance details
The Impala Police is powered by the LFX-code 3.6L V-6, which is rated at 302-horsepower (225 kW). It is a 60-degree design, with the cylinder block and cylinder heads cast in aluminum for low weight. A forged steel crankshaft provides optimal strength in the bottom end, while the cylinder heads include four valves per cylinder, with a dual overhead camshaft design incorporating infinitely variable cam phasing.
Additional powertrain and vehicle system features include:
Engine : 3.6 L., 6-cylinder
Power: 303 hp
Torque: 264 ft-lbs
Optimized-flow fuel injectors and the integrated exhaust manifolds/cylinder heads promote lower emissions. The LFX's composite intake manifold also has a comparatively small radiated surface area to help it maintain excellent noise and vibration characteristics that are comparable to an aluminum manifold.
The 3.6L engine is backed by a six-speed automatic transmission that is performance-calibrated for police duty.
• 2.44 axle ratio
• 170-amp high-output alternator
• Engine oil, transmission and power steering coolers
• Seventeen-inch wheels with Goodyear P235/55R17 W rated tires.
Excellent vehicle handling is assured by Impala's four-wheel independent suspension featuring reinforced front struts, a reinforced aluminum engine cradle and heavy-duty front and rear stabilizer bars. The Impala Police car is equipped with four-wheel disc brakes with police-calibrated antilock and heavy-duty front brake pads.Source - Chevrolet