|Auctions America Readies for Auburn Spring Collector Car Weekend|
|• A Spring tradition, Auctions America's popular Auburn Spring Collector Car Weekend returns May 7 – 9 to Indiana's Auburn Auction Park
• Multi-day auction lifts gavel on diverse roster of some 500 quality vehicles
• Sale highlights include an immaculate 1970 Dodge Hemi Challenger R/T Hardtop; an extremely rare 2006 Ford GTX1 TT 'Spyder'; and the Preston Evans Motorcycle Collection
• Weekend also features a car corral and swap meet, along with the return of the AACA Special National Spring Me...[Read more...]|
|Art Deco Theme to be Featured at The Elegance at Hershey|
|Hershey, PA (April 16, 2014): The Elegance at Hershey has announced the theme for this year's event: the Era of Art Deco, and the visual arts movement of the 1920s, 30s and 40s. 'The cars of that era have always been some of the most beautiful creations ever built,' noted Car Selection Chairman and Elegance Board member Mark Lizewskie. 'The attention to detail and unique styling cues have made these automobiles some of the most sought after models among collectors'.
A prime example i...[Read more...]|
|1964 Nurburgring 1000 Kilometers: Survive for One Last Victory|
|During the late 1950s, Richie Ginther would begin a relationship with John von Neumann and this partnership would result in one of the most dominant periods of American sportscar racing in which Ginther and Porsche would be virtually unbeatable. Nearly a decade later, that same combination would again join forces to provide one more moment of glory.
By the mid-1950s Porsche had developed its 550. This was a small car more than capable of dominating its class and consistently able to challenge...[Read more...]|
|RM To Sell Magnificent 1905 Fiat 60HP|
|MAGNIFICENT 1905 FIAT 60HP HEADS LIST OF INCREDIBLE NEW ENTRIES FOR RM'S SALE DURING THE CONCORSO D'ELEGANZA VILLA D'ESTE WEEKEND
• RM Auctions announces additional stunning consignments for its forthcoming sale during the Concorso d'Eleganza Villa d'Este weekend, 25th May
• Offered for sale publicly for the first time in 108 years, this thundering and unique early 60HP FIAT presents collectors with the rarest of opportunities to buy a piece of motoring history
• A simply exquisite and...[Read more...]|
|Carroll Shelby, Ford Family for More Than Half a Century|
|Carroll Shelby was a member of the Ford family for the better part of 60 years, producing stunning performance vehicles from concepts to production models.
He once said his energy and passion for performance products were always strongest when he was working with Ford.
Shelby most recently collaborated with the company on the 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 Mustang, the most powerful production V8 in the world. Working with SVT engineers at Sebring and the Arizona Proving Grounds, at times he drov...[Read more...]|