In 1925 and 1926, Buick ceased production of the four-cylinder models and focused on its Standard and Master models featuring six-cylinder engines.
For 1926, Buick gave both the Standard and Master models smoother radiator shells, double belt moldings, aluminum hub and gas caps, and a straight tie-rod connecting both headlamps. Mechanically, the cars were given a stronger, redesigned clutch and one-piece brake linings, as well as a strengthened chassis and drive train. With improved air, fuel and oil filters, plus Zerk-type grease filters and new dual-beam headlamps, servicing was made much easier.
For 1927, refinements included the addition of crankcase ventilation and new engine mounts, as well as a new counterbalanced crankshaft and a torsion balancer. By Daniel Vaughan | Oct 2009