Image credits: © Chevrolet. GM Corp
2013 Chevrolet Corvette•
427 Convertible Collector Edition with LS7 7.0L engine rated at 505 hp (377 kW), carbon fiber hood, fenders and floors, and Magnetic Ride Control
•60th Anniversary Design Package
•Available black-painted five-spoke aluminum wheels (Corvette)
•Available black-painted five-spoke aluminum wheels (Corvette Grand Sport)
•ZR1-style rear spoiler is available on Corvette and Grand Sport models
•Exterior colors: Black returns and new Night Race Blue Metallic
Corvette marks its 60th anniversary in 2013 – and it is also the final year for the current generation of the sports car. To commemorate the production milestone and give the 'C6' a proper send-off, Chevrolet offers the Corvette 427 Convertible Collector Edition – as well as a 60th Anniversary Package that will be available on all 2013 Corvette models.
Evoking the heritage of early 427-powered Corvettes, the 427 Convertible Collector Edition takes Corvette convertible performance to new territory, thanks to the Z06-based LS7 engine and combination of Z06 and ZR1 chassis/suspension components. See the separate release for complete details on the 427 Convertible Collector Edition.
All 2013 Corvette models, including the 427 Convertible, will be available with a 60th Anniversary Design Package, featuring an Arctic White exterior with a Blue Diamond leather-wrapped interior with suede accents. Convertible models will have a blue top. Additional content includes a ZR1-style rear spoiler, special badging, gray-painted brake calipers and the '60th' logo on the wheel center caps, steering wheel and seat head restraints. An optional graphics package adds full-length racing stripes in Pearl Silver Blue, including a tonal stripe stitched into the convertible top, extending the graphic theme over the roof.
And even without the 60th Anniversary Design Package, all 2013 Corvettes feature 60th Anniversary badges on the fascias and the 'waterfall' panel on convertible models, as well as 60th logos in the instrument panel gauge cluster and on the sill plates. Additional new and revised features include:
• Available black-painted five-spoke aluminum wheels, specific to Corvette and Grand Sport models
• ZR1-style rear spoiler is available on Corvette and Grand Sport models
• Exterior colors: Black returns and new Night Race Blue Metallic. For 2013, Corvette is offered in five distinct models, including:
• Corvette, available in Coupe and Convertible, powered by the 430-horsepower (321 kW) LS3 V-8, (436 hp / 325 kW with optional exhaust)
• Grand Sport models – offered in Coupe and Convertible – combine the Corvette's powertrain with wide-body styling, a wider track and a racing-bred suspension for a distinctive model that delivers greater handling performance, with wider wheels and tires; revised shock, stabilizer bar and spring specifications and specific gearing
• The 427 Convertible Collector Edition is the first time the hand-built, 505-horsepower (377 kW) LS7 engine has been offered in a Convertible
• The racing-inspired Corvette Z06 marries the 505-horsepower (377 kW) LS7 engine to a lightweight, aluminum chassis
• The Corvette ZR1 is powered by the LS9 supercharged 6.2L engine and is the fastest, most powerful car ever offered by Chevrolet, with a top speed of 205 mph.
Please see the separate releases for complete details on the Corvette 427 Convertible, Corvette Z06 and Corvette ZR1. Corvette design and exterior features
Corvette and Grand Sport models are offered in coupe and convertible body styles. Lightweight, composite body panels are a technology hallmark of the Corvette and help it achieve excellent power-to-weight ratios for all models. Additional exterior features include:
• Dual projector-beam high-intensity discharged headlamps are standard
• Contrasting-color headlamp housings are available in Blade Silver Metallic, Cyber Gray Metallic and Black
• Heated outside mirrors with driver-side auto-dimming feature are standard
• ZR1-style rear spoiler is available
• Five-spoke, silver-painted aluminum 18 x 8.5-inch front wheels and 19 x 10-inch rear wheels are standard and matched with Goodyear Eagle F1 run-flat tires; Grand Sport features 18 x 9.5-inch front and 19 x 12-inch rear wheels
• Available wheels include five-spoke chrome aluminum, machine-face aluminum and black aluminum (Corvette Coupe and Convertible)
• A power-folding convertible top is standard on 3LT and 4LT Corvette and Grand Sport Convertible models.
Exterior colors include Arctic White, Blade Silver Metallic, Inferno Orange Metallic, Velocity Yellow Tintcoat, Torch Red, Supersonic Blue Metallic, Cyber Gray, Crystal Red Tintcoat, Black and Night Race Blue Metallic.
Also available are customer-selectable brake caliper colors offered in red, yellow, silver and gray. Grand Sport details
Corvette Grand Sport models feature wider front and rear fenders – including specific front fenders with integrated Grand Sport badges – as well as a Z06-style front splitter and tall rear spoiler. Functional brake ducts and extra cooling support track-day performance.
Grand Sport models come with 18-inch front and 19-inch rear wheels. A silver-painted wheel is standard and black and chrome finishes are available. The wheels are wrapped in large 275/35ZR18 tires in front and 325/30ZR19 tires in the rear.
Also part of the package are Z06-size brakes, including 14-inch (355 mm) front rotors with six-piston calipers and 13.4-inch (340 mm) rear rotors with four-piston calipers, along with specific manual transmission gear ratios and a specific, 2.73 rear axle ratio on automatic-equipped models.
An available Heritage package for Grand Sport models adds iconic front fender hash marks offered in four colors, and seat embroidery. Corvette interior
Corvette's interior is inspired by the car's dual-cockpit heritage. Seats that were introduced in 2012 deliver improved appearance and larger bolsters on the seat back and cushion areas to provide better driver support, especially in high-performance driving. Sueded-microfiber seat inserts are included with the leather-wrapped interior. Additional features include:
• Sport steering wheel with leather-wrapped spokes and audio controls is standard on all models
• Head-up display, including Track Mode with g-meter, is included on 2LT, 3LT and 4LT trims
• An AM/FM/XM radio with CD player and audio input jack is standard
• An onboard navigation system with voice recognition is included with 2LT, 3LT and 4LT trims. It features a 6.5-inch (165 mm) color touch-screen display
• A Bose Premium audio system with nine speakers, with tweeters located in the instrument panel, and Bose Nd next-generation bass performance is standard on 2LT, 3LT and 4LT trims
• Keyless access with push-button starting is standard on all models
• Heated seats are standard on 3LT and 4LT trims
• Custom stitching in blue, red or yellow is available on 4LT.
A custom leather-wrapped interior package is standard on the 4LT trim, featuring a leather-wrapped upper and lower instrument panel, door pads and seats; choice of exclusive colors: Dark Titanium, Ebony or Cashmere, with unique color breakup; padded door panel armrests; 'Corvette' embroidered on passenger-side dash pad and a unique center trim plate with a gunmetal pattern. Corvette performance
The 6.2L LS3 small-block V-8 is the engine in Corvette and Grand Sport models. It is rated at 430 horsepower (321 kW)* and 424 lb.-ft. of torque (575 Nm)* with the standard exhaust system. An optional dual-mode exhaust system brings a power rating increase to 436 horses (325 kW) and 428 lb.-ft. (580 Nm). A standard six-speed manual transmission and an optional six-speed automatic paddle-shift are offered.
Launch control is standard on manual transmission-equipped models, and optimizes performance for full-throttle starts on a track. In competitive mode, the system will hold a predetermined engine speed while the driver pushes the throttle to the floor. That allows the driver to quickly release the clutch and the system modulates engine torque 100 times per second to maximize the available traction. The system is capable of approaching a skilled driver's best effort and repeats it consistently.
A dry-sump engine oiling system is standard on Grand Sport models equipped with a manual transmission. Corvette chassis and suspension
Corvette and Grand Sport models have a hydroformed steel rail backbone structure, which features cored composite floors, an enclosed center tunnel, rear-mounted transmission and aluminum cockpit structure. Suspension cradles, control arms, knuckles, springs, dampers, bushings, stabilizer bars and steering gear deliver low mass, direct response and great driver feedback.
Coupe and convertible models offer two suspension choices that allow drivers to choose the setup that best suits their driving style. The standard suspension is tuned for a balance of ride comfort and precise handling. The optional Magnetic Selective Ride Control suspension features magneto-rheological dampers able to detect road surfaces, and adjust the damping rates to those surfaces almost instantly for optimal ride control. It includes larger, cross-drilled brake rotors.
The Z16 Performance Package is standard on Grand Sportand includes extra cooling, stiffer springs and stabilizer bars, specific shock absorbers, larger brakes with six-piston front and four-piston rear cross-drilled rotors, specific tires and Z16-specific six-speed manual when ordered with six-speed manual transmission or performance axle ratio with six-speed paddle-shift automatic. Corvette safety and crash-avoidance features
The Corvette is designed to help drivers avoid crashes, while protecting the occupants in the event a crash occurs. A strong body structure is designed to absorb crash energy and provide a protective 'safety cage' around occupants. Additional safety features include:
• Four standard air bags include side-impact air bags, which provide head protection for outboard passengers in the event of a side-impact or rollover crash
• Active Handling electronic stability control system helps reduce the risk of rollover crashes by keeping the vehicle in the driver's intended path by applying throttle, braking or a combination of both
• Standard four-wheel-disc brake system with anti-lock
• Pretensioners are standard. They minimize forward movement during a collision, while load-limiting retractors cinch the belt more tightly
• Tire pressure monitoring syst em and run-flat tires are standard
• Standard keyless access with push-button starting. Corvette and OnStar
Six months of OnStar Directions and Connections service is standard on all Corvette models. OnStar is the global leading provider of connected safety, security and mobility solutions and advanced information technology.
OnStar's RemoteLink Mobile App allows smartphone users to control vehicle functions, access vehicle information and send directions directly to the vehicle. A new, opt-in service called FamilyLink allows subscribers to stay connected to loved ones by checking the location of their vehicle online or by signing up for vehicle location alerts.
Corvette also features new OnStar button icons. Drivers will notice an updated look for the Hands-Free Calling button, blue OnStar button and red Emergency button.Source - Chevrolet
Related Reading : Chevrolet Corvette History
Very few vehicles elicit the same kind of satisfaction as the Chevrolet Corvette. The ‘Vette is a symbol of childhood dreams and grown up triumph. The only true American Sports car, this car stands for excellence and became an icon as a high-performance and dynamic sports vehicle. First introduced in January of 1953, the Corvette has only become more renowned as the years drift by. Undergoing many....Continue Reading >>
Chevrolet Corvette Roars Into Its 60th Year
On June 30, 1953, the first of a new kind of Chevrolet – indeed, a new kind of American car – rolled off an assembly line in Flint, Mich. The car had only two seats. There were no roll-up windows, or exterior door handles, for that matter. Its body wasnt stamped from steel but, rather, molded from reinforced fiberglass. While the postwar Baby Boom was in full swing, this was definitely not....Continue Reading >>
Corvette's Chassis Innovations Refined on the Race Track
Its been said that racing improves the breed, and when it comes to the Chevrolet Corvette, nearly six decades of checkered flags are the proof. As Corvette marks its 60th anniversary in 2013, the design of the chassis, suspension and other drivetrain features are rooted in the rigors of competition. Candidly, Corvette was not a high-performance car until Zora Arkus-Duntov fitted it with a V-8,....Continue Reading >>
Chevrolet puts a groove into your ride
Hot summer day… roof top down… wind in your hair … smile in your face… and Little Red Corvette cranked up to its loudest setting. Theres nothing like music in the car to make a journey really fly by. But, did you know that, aside from Princes classic hit, more than 600 songs across all genres and multiple generations mention Chevrolet, Chevy or the name of a Chevrolet vehicle in their....Continue Reading >>
Chassis Num: 1G1YE2DW6D5106212
The Chevrolet Corvette is the best high-performance value in America. It delivers supercar performance for the price of a midsize luxury sedan. Even the base coupe delivers exceptional performance with 0-60 times of 4.2 seconds. This coupe comes with....[continue reading]
The 2013 Corvette Indy 500 Pace car featured a paint scheme and full body stripe similar to that of the 60th Anniversary Package available on all 2013 Corvette models. Corvette celebrated its 60th birthday in 2013, but at the previous year's Indy rac....[continue reading]
Chassis #: 1G1YE2DW6D5106212