2015 BUICK ENCLAVE OFFERS LUXURY, REFINEMENT AND VERSATILITY
The award-winning Buick Enclave continues to draw accolades and bring new customers to the brand for its outstanding design, performance and safety features. The three-row luxury crossover that forged the brand's renaissance saw its best year ever in 2013. Recent accolades include Kelly Blue Book's 2014 5-Year Cost-to-Own award for the full-size luxury SÚV/crossover category.
Enclave continue to outsell rivals including Lincoln MKT, Volvo XC90 and Infiniti QX60 with its state-of the-art features, capability and safety offerings such as the industry-first standard front center air bag, forward collision alert, lane departure and text-to-voice technology. It is also designed to comfortably accommodate three rows of adults and provides more third-row leg room than the Infiniti JX, Acura MDX, Lincoln MKT, Audi Q7 and Volvo XC90.
For the 2015 model year, Enclave offers a new heated wood steering wheel. It is standard on Leather and Premium models – and adds another luxurious detail to the inviting interior.
The Enclave's exterior and interior color palettes have also been refined for 2015. A new Dark Plum interior color is available, as well as four new exterior colors: Crimson Red Tintcoat, Dark Sapphire Blue Metallic, Dark Chocolate Metallic and Midnight Amethyst Metallic.
Enclave is offered in three trim levels: Convenience (1SD), Leather (1SL) and Premium (1SN). All-wheel drive is available on Leather and Premium trims, and
all models are powered by a direct-injected 3.6L V-6 that delivers an EPA-estimated 24 mpg on the highway (FWD models).
Experience Buick Protection on all 2015 Buick models includes two years/24,000 miles of scheduled maintenance, including oil changes, oil filter changes and tire rotations. It complements Buick's four-year/50,000-mile bumper-to-bumper limited warranty and six-year/70,000-mile powertrain limited warranty.Sculpted exterior design
The Enclave is instantly recognizable as a modern Buick, with sculpted styling and signature elements such as a black-chrome waterfall grille complemented by technologically advanced features, including signature wing-shape LED lighting. Monochromatic paint schemes accented with chrome contribute to the luxury crossover's premium appearance, along with large 18-, 19- and 20-inch wheel designs.
At the front, LED daytime running lamps and accent lamps give the Enclave a strong presence on the road. Blue translucent rings around the standard Xenon HID headlamps are Buick design cues found on other models, adding distinction across the brand's lineup. Articulating headlamps are part of the Premium model's package, which also includes power-folding, heated outside mirrors, as well as interior features such as power tilting/telescoping steering column and heated/cooled front seats.
A chrome finish within the rear fascia frames the exhaust outlets, for an integrated appearance that exemplifies Buick's attention to detail. LED-accented taillamps give the vehicle a distinctive signature at the rear that reflects Buick's elegance. A power-operated liftgate is standard.
Exterior color choices include: Crimson Red Tintcoat, Dark Sapphire Blue Metallic, Dark Chocolate Metallic, Midnight Amethyst Metallic, Quicksilver Metallic, White Opal, Carbon Black Metallic, White Diamond Tricoat, Champagne Silver Metallic and Iridium Metallic.Harmonious interior environment
The Enclave's interior is defined by luxurious amenities and high-quality materials, along with the intuitive technology of Buick IntelliLink. Rich, saturated tones and contemporary color combinations reflect Buick customers' lifestyles and enhance Enclave's sense of fashion. An exclusive Dark Plum interior color, for example, offers a higher degree of visual warmth. It is complemented by the soft feel of Nuance sandstone leather, which has characteristics similar to leathers used in premium home furnishings.Interior highlights also include:
• New heated, wood-trimmed steering wheel (standard on Leather and Premium models)
• Ice-blue LED ambient lighting around the dash highlights Enclave's flowing lines, emphasizing the cabin's spaciousness
• Eight-way power front driver seat with power recline and lumbar support is standard on Convenience models
• Eight-way power front driver and passenger seats with power recline and lumbar support – and driver memory – is standard on Leather and Premium models
• Heated front seats are standard on Leather models and heated/cooled seats are standard on Premium models
• Power-tilting/telescoping steering column is standard on Premium models
• Soft-touch materials and real stitching throughout the cabin, as well as true chrome accents
• Available dual moonroof; power front, fixed rear
• Standard storage system under the floor in the rear cargo area
• Standard power windows with driver and passenger express up/down feature
• Standard rearview camera system
• Standard remote vehicle starter system.
Enclave offers three rows of seating, available in seven- or eight-passenger configurations. The second-row seats feature the popular SmartSlide system. With the pull of a single handle, SmartSlide allows easier entry to the third row. There is 23.3 cubic feet (660 liters) of cargo space behind the third row and a maximum of 115.2 cubic feet (3,263 liters) of cargo space available behind the front row of seats.
Buick's signature QuietTuning engineering process, which uses laminated glass and extensive sound blocking and absorbing materials, makes Enclave's cabin quieter than a Lexus RX350.IntelliLink and infotainment details
Buick's IntelliLink color touch radio is standard on all models and enhances the driving experience with a higher level of wireless connectivity and customized options – all while building on the safety and security of OnStar.
IntelliLink is intuitive and easy to use, and includes the capability of setting up a 'home page' for favorites. It integrates online services such as Pandora® internet radio and Stitcher SmartRadio™ using hands-free voice and touch-screen controls via Bluetooth-enabled smartphones. This builds on the voice-activated Bluetooth hands-free calling capability offered in other Buick models.
Enhanced connectivity and convenience includes a Text Messaging Alerts feature for smartphone users with Bluetooth profile (M.A.P.), which reads incoming texts through the vehicle's speakers, and Siri Eyes Free for iPhone iOS 6 and iOS 7 users to enhance connectivity and convenience. Each enables voice-controlled connectivity, to help keep phones safely stored and hands on the wheel.Additional features:
• 6.5-inch diagonal high-resolution color display with touch-screen control
• Bluetooth with hands-free (for phone calls) and A2DP audio-streaming protocol support
• Address book download and hands-free calling
• ÚSB port
• Auxiliary audio input port
• Steering wheel controls
• Enhanced voice recognition powered by Nuance
• AM/FM/HD Audio CD/MP3 CD
• SiriusXM Satellite Radio and data services, including available NavTraffic
• Selected smartphone apps can be controlled through the IntelliLink interface via the touch-screen, steering wheel controls or voice commands. The first apps to be supported are Pandora and Stitcher
• Supports playback of MP3 files stored on flash memory drives.
IntelliLink is standard on all Enclave models, including those with the available navigation system and DVD capability. The IntelliLink screen also serves as the display for the standard rearview camera system.
A premium 10-speaker Bose audio system with 5.1 surround sound is available and is optimized for the Enclave's refined interior acoustics.Efficient, smooth driving experience
Enclave is driven by a 3.6L V-6 engine featuring fuel-saving direct injection technology and continuously variable valve timing, and matched with a six-speed automatic transmission. (posted on conceptcarz.com)
Direct injection helps the engine produce power comparable to a V-8 – SAE-certified 288 horsepower (215 Nm) and 270 lb-ft of torque (366 Nm) – with good efficiency. EPA fuel economy estimates of 17 mpg city/24 mpg highway for front-wheel-drive models are very competitive with other three-row crossovers and utilities.
The strong V-6 engine also enables Enclave to tow up to 4,500 pounds (2,045 kg) when properly equipped, and it can be flat-towed in both FWD and AWD configurations. The available intelligent all-wheel-drive system provides increased traction on slippery roads by actively managing the torque distribution between the front and rear axles, based on factors such as wheel speed, throttle and surface conditions. There is no driver intervention; the system automatically decides how much torque to apply and delivers it to the wheels that have the best traction.
Enclave has a long 118.9-inch (3,021 mm) wheelbase, with a wide 67.3-inch (1,709 mm) front track and 67.1-inch (1,704 mm) rear track – a combination that enables smooth, stable ride and handling characteristics. Additional chassis and suspension features include:
• MacPherson strut front suspension, with a direct-acting stabilizer bar and aluminum knuckles. Isolated mounting points help reduce noise and vibration
• Compact linked 'H' design rear suspension, with an isolated mounting system to reduce noise and vibration transmitted to the passenger compartment
• Power-assisted, variable-effort rack-and-pinion steering
• Four-wheel disc brakes with anti-lock are standard on all models, with additional brake features including dynamic rear proportioning, hydraulic brake boost and panic brake assist
• Eighteen-inch wheels are standard and 19- and 20-inch wheels are available.Source - Buick