|120 years of motor sport at Mercedes-Benz take centre stage at the Goodwood Festival of Speed 2014|
|'Addicted to Winning': at this year's Goodwood Festival of Speed, Mercedes-Benz looks back on some fascinating racing victories of the last 120 years
•The unique motor sport heritage of the Mercedes-Benz brand is being celebrated with an exclusive installation by sculptor Gerry Judah
•Mercedes-Benz and Gran Turismo®6 jointly celebrate '120 years of motor sport'
Stuttgart. – The thrilling victories of the Mercedes-Benz Silver Arrows mark the peaks of the history of motor sport for...[Read more...]|
|2014 AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX - PREVIEW|
| ||The 2014 Formula One World Championship gets underway in Melbourne with the first race of the season, the Australian Grand Prix, held at the Albert Park circuit.
Driver / Senior Management Quotes
The Australian Grand Prix is always an exciting race and the fans are fantastic. They love their motorsport, so it's an event that every driver looks forward to. I'm excited about the new season not just as a driver but as a fan. As a fan, you want to see overtaking througho...[Read more...]|
|Mercedes-Benz Classic: Topics for 2013|
|The main topics:
• The tradition of the Mercedes-Benz S-Class
• Mercedes-Benz Silver Arrows in the 1930s
• Originals – authentic vehicles tell authentic stories
• Classic vehicles kept in perfect condition with Mercedes-Benz Genuine Parts
75 years ago – on 28 January 1938: With a flying start, Rudolf Caracciola achieved a speed of 432.7 km/h over one kilometre on the Frankfurt–Darmstadt motorway. This is the highest speed ever ach...[Read more...]|
|Home again: the last Auto Union Type D twin-supercharger Silver Arrow returns to Audi|
|• Audi Tradition buys back the second 'Karassik restoration' car |
• Auto Union Type D built in 1939, then lost in the USSR for many years
• Thomas Frank, Head of Audi Tradition: 'One of the most emotional moments in our heritage work for AUDI AG'
'This is one of the most emotional moments in our heritage work for AUDI AG – we have come full circle,' says Thomas Frank, Head of Audi Tradition. A few weeks ago, the car manufacturer was able to repurchase an extremely rare...[Read more...]
|2012 German Grand Prix: Preview|
|Round 10 of the 2012 Formula One World Championship marks the second home race in succession for the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS team. The German Grand Prix takes place on Sunday 22 July at the Hockenheimring which is just 100kms from the Daimler and Mercedes-Benz headquarters in Stuttgart.
• The 2012 German Grand Prix will be the 33rd held at Hockenheim; Mercedes-Benz power has won twice, in 1998 & 2008
• This year's race marks the tenth anniversary of the circuit's redesign and the constructio...[Read more...]|