DETROIT — For 2000, Camaro adds many convenience, audio and appearance features for those seeking high style in America's honest sports car.
A new convenience feature inside Camaro, the redundant radio control steering wheel eases the driver's need to divert their attention from the road to adjust common audio settings. For instance, volume, channel pre-set and AM/FM selections can all be reached within fingertip distance on the steering wheel. And for added convenience, the premium Monsoon® sound system with CD player is now compatible with the optional CD changer.
New interior fabrics on seats and door-trim panels give the interior a fresh, new look and are available in Medium Gray, Accent and Ebony.
'Camaro is a powerful sports car, and as the boldest kid on the block it naturally commands respect wherever it goes,' said Jim Campbell, Camaro brand manager. 'That attention is due in large part to its powertrains and its bold styling.'
On the outside, the Z28 Coupe now receives standard body-color rearview mirrors that complement its overall appearance and new standard aluminum wheels. The new exterior color on Camaro for 2000 is Monterey Maroon Metallic.
The Performance Handling Package, available on Coupe and Convertible, also includes the new aluminum wheels for an aggressive appearance. Z28 models equipped with the SS Performance/Appearance Package also include new and unique aluminum wheels. Finally, all models, except Z28 with the SS Performance/Appearance Package, feature available aluminum wheels with a high polish finish.
Revisions made to the 3800 V6 and 5.7 Liter LS1 V8 engines helped bring both into compliance with government LEV regulations in California and states requiring California emissions.
Camaro is available in Coupe and Z28 Coupe models. Or for those who crave the thrill of open-air driving, there's the Camaro Convertible and Z28 Convertible. For those who can't decide between the Convertible and the Coupe, there's the T-Top, optional on Camaro Coupe and Z28 Coupe. The Ford Mustang doesn't offer this popular feature. And then, for the ultimate Camaro in terms of handling and performance, there's the Camaro SS.
Ever onward, ever upward — Camaro for 2000 continues to uphold its well-deserved reputation as 'America's honest sports car.'Source - GM Corporation
WHAT'S NEW AND HIGHLIGHTSInterior
• Ebony interior color replaces Dark Gray for 'true' black interior
• Medium gray interior cloth color replaces Arctic White (leather color)
• Accent interior cloth replaces Red Accent
• New cloth fabric on seats and door trim
• New redundant radio control steering wheel
• Monsoon radio with CD player (ÚNO) now compatible with 12-Disc CDchanger mounted in trunk.Engines
• Revisions were made to both the V6 and V8 LS1 engines to meet Low Emission Vehicle regulations in California and states requiring California emissions, when properly equipped (see Engine Revisions in the Highlights section for more LEV information).Source - Chevrolet