Corvette, Camaro SEMA Concepts Drive Passion, Style
Few vehicles have inspired as much passion and personalization as the Chevrolet Corvette and Camaro. Chevrolet celebrates that legacy at the 2011 SEMA Show with a lineup of concepts that showcases different approaches to performance and personalization for these iconic sports cars.
At the 2010 SEMA Show, Camaro was named the 'Hottest Car' in the inaugural SEMA awards.
'Go to any Corvette or Camaro enthusiast event and you will have a hard time finding a factory-stock vehicle,' said Chris Perry, vice president, global marketing and strategy for Chevrolet. 'These are cars that owners treat as canvases to express their personalization and high-performance dreams – and have been for decades. The SEMA Show is the perfect venue to test new customization concepts and to inspire new owners to start modifying their cars.'
Chevrolet will have many Camaros and Corvettes at SEMA this year – including a full-size tribute to the 'Custom Camaro' that was part of the original Hot Wheels 1:64-scale line in 1968. All the concepts reflect the wide range of personalization possibilities, inspiring owners to build their own one-of-a-kind creation.Camaro 1LE Concept
Born in the Camaro's third generation and refined further in the fourth generation as a road-racing performance package, the legendary 1LE option code designation returns to the Camaro as a concept intended to carve up road courses. While only a concept, it borrows production components from both the Camaro SS and forthcoming Camaro ZL1 to deliver a competition-ready package. Hash mark graphics on the front fender are pure Chevrolet racing cues, too. Vehicle highlights:
• Victory Red exterior color, with flat black hood and hash mark extensions
• Satin black splitter, rocker panels, rear spoiler and outside mirrors
• Sport suspension featuring Magnetic Ride Control
• Electric power steering
• Six-speed manual close-ratio transmission
• Lightweight 20x10-inch (front) and 20x11-inch (rear) racing wheels (satin black)
• Goodyear® Eagle F1 Supercar G asymmetrical tires (from the ZL1)
• Brembo® six-piston front calipers, with two-piece front rotors, and four-piston rear calipers (Chevrolet Official Licensed Product)
• Dual exhaust outlets with ZL1-style active exhaust and diffuser
• Shock tower brace
• Chevrolet Accessories red engine cover
• Black leather interior with Light Stone stitching
• Graphite Silver door and instrument panel inserts
• ZL1 shifter with Light Stone stitching
• ZL1 flat-bottom steering wheel
• Chevrolet Accessories pedal kit
'The Camaro 1LE concept is all about the track,' said Al Oppenheiser, chief engineer for the Camaro. 'It's an all-out race car package that pays tribute to that special option from the past.'Source - Chevrolet